Fournette says they beat us - Fact!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
LF was kind of backed into a corner with the question. No problem.

NOW... If LF really believes what he said he may have brain damage.

It's an either or situation coming up...
If LF delivers he's their hero...
If LF can't deliver he's the 'Goat'.

Remember... Texas would have beat us if only Colt hadn't got hurt...;)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Fournette says Fact they beat Us

When, when they played us, haven't they been embarrassed? 2011?
Actually we have been quite fortunate to win our last two games in Baton Rouge.

Leonard said what he should have said. We need to get ready for a physical, hard fought game.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA

Very good interview in my opinion. Further more, LF was well spoken and not arrogant or cocky.
I have now gained more respect for this young man.
If we come in with the attitude on defense that we're going to slow LF (you are gonna completely stop him, imo) and put pressure on their qb to beat us throwing then we win. We have to jump on them early and keep rolling and force them to pass.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

Saying "maybe" wasn't an option so he had to say fact. If he would have said fiction then his coach, teammates, media, and most of the state of Louisiana would have been all over him about it.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA

Very good interview in my opinion. Further more, LF was well spoken and not arrogant or cocky.
I have now gained more respect for this young man.
If we come in with the attitude on defense that we're going to slow LF (you are gonna completely stop him, imo) and put pressure on their qb to beat us throwing then we win. We have to jump on them early and keep rolling and force them to pass.
I am glad you guys see the good in LF. He truly has been great for LSU on and off the field.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I saw the interview as well and thought highly of LF. Wonder if he threw the ball downfield 70 yards at practice for fun or for possibly a "trick play" for our game? I would not be surprised if they have something up their sleeve like a Brandon Harris running play or something similar. I do think it will be harder to stop LF than last year just because of their offensive scheme now. I sure hope Jalen is ready to make some big throws in case they start to shut down our run game.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.

Like many of you have said I like Fournette. he really seems like a good guy. I do however think he should have dodged the question. He should have side-stepped it. I remember after the Georgia game last year a reporter said mentioned to Jake Coker about Alabama being an underdog going into the game. Coker responded that we didn't care for that much. Bottom line don't give Alabama any bulletin board material. It's not going to make once the game starts but still.

Do you think an Alabama player would have answered the question? I don't think so.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al

Don't tell anyone but I've always liked Fournette. Seems like a decent guy. He'd have won some championships if he had come to Bama and probably a Heisman.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.