Fournette says they beat us - Fact!

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Re: Fournette says Fact they beat Us

What would you expect him to answer? The way that was set up was not fair to LF. If he says 'Fact' people are going to do just what's being done here. If he says 'Fiction' people are going to say he doesn't believe they can win.

That was a no-win situation for LF. Otherwise, I thought it was a good interview. Seems like a good enough guy.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

I don't see anything to upset our team. He was not cocky or overconfident. But I suspect LSU and LF wants to avenge their embarrassment from last year. And yes, they were embarrassed.

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA

I thought that was a very good interview and came away very impressed with the young man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

No way he could answer otherwise, but he seems like a good dude. I can't imagine Bama needs motivation regarding the upcoming matchup, but if they do, this is pretty weak...

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

I don't see anything to upset our team. He was not cocky or overconfident. But I suspect LSU and LF wants to avenge their embarrassment from last year. And yes, they were embarrassed.
Wouldn't you? I would. But they gotta know the reality of avenging the defeat isn't likely. LF was put in a precarious position and responded the only way he could publicly. He's a good guy. I like him as a person. But he'll probably see more of the same on 11-05.

theBIGyowski

All-American
Aug 4, 2005
Cumming, GA

LF is a great guy and a fantastic football player. He had no chance last year because we were built to shut him down before he could ever get going. That's his thing...if he can get to the LOS...he's going to get his yards. The key is keeping him from getting that far and LSU couldn't stop our pressure.

Our games in Baton Rouge tend to be nail biters and I don't think this one will be any different given our struggles passing downfield. I do expect LF to give it everything he has though...he's had this game circled for the past year and it's going to take our best to slow him down.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

What else is he going to say? Either way, the whole "death valley at night gets old".

RTR!

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

What else is he going to say? Either way, the whole "death valley at night gets old".

RTR!
Last time (2014), we lost a costly fumble, LSU ran all over the Tide, Griffith missed a kick, and Blake Sims had to win it late with tying drive and an a TD pass in overtime.

Let's break their hearts one more time.

FF4bama

1st Team
Sep 13, 2012

Fournette seems like a good guy, and I'm glad he's back in the Heisman race again. If he wins it this year he'll have to run all over Bama, and I just don't see that happening.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Last time (2014), we lost a costly fumble, LSU ran all over the Tide, Griffith missed a kick, and Blake Sims had to win it late with tying drive and an a TD pass in overtime.

Let's break their hearts one more time.
I'd rather win by 3 TDs... :biggrin2:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Fournette seems like a good guy, and I'm glad he's back in the Heisman race again. If he wins it this year he'll have to run all over Bama, and I just don't see that happening.
I can't imagine we'll hold him to <40 yards again - he only needs a crease and he's gone - but this year's rushing D is amazing...

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

I can't imagine we'll hold him to <40 yards again - he only needs a crease and he's gone - but this year's rushing D is amazing...
I'll be happy if we can keep him below 100 yards. We got to hit him in the backfield and get reinforcements there quickly.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.