News Article: Man what a LOUD Rammer Jammer post A&M win!!!!

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I have complained a bit about fans not sticking around for the fourth quarter and that sort of thing, but I have to admit that since the LSU game a few years ago, the fans seem to have stepped things up for the big games.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
When Allen forced that fumble - and as he was rumbling to the end zone - it was absolutely unreal. I turned it way up when I turned the DVR on yesterday, and even that doesn't even come close to doing it justice. My section - at the other end of the stadium - was absolutely going bonkers.

Of course, it may have had to do with them holding their human waste products, too, heh heh

I was very proud of the crowd and still got out relatively easily.

rolltiderman

Scout Team
Aug 20, 2005
When Allen forced that fumble - and as he was rumbling to the end zone - it was absolutely unreal. I turned it way up when I turned the DVR on yesterday, and even that doesn't even come close to doing it justice. My section - at the other end of the stadium - was absolutely going bonkers.

Of course, it may have had to do with them holding their human waste products, too, heh heh

I was in section N and it was crazy. I have never heard BDS that loud before. I felt rumbling under my feet it was so loud. Great time by all. It was a lot of fun. Roll Tide!

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
I was in section N and it was crazy. I have never heard BDS that loud before. I felt rumbling under my feet it was so loud. Great time by all. It was a lot of fun. Roll Tide!
I agree. I have been going to Bama home games for over 30 years and only missed a few over the last 10 years. In my opinion, the Jonathan Allen fumble TD return was the loudest one play that I have ever heard at BDS. Our seats are in the east upper deck and it was shaking and everyone was going crazy. For about 15 seconds, it felt like a small earthquake. My son, who is 14, said he got dizzy and felt like he was going to pass out. It was quite a scene. RTR

PS: I was not at the Mount Cody block / UT game in 2009 so I can't compare the two.

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
I think it has a lot to do with where you are sitting. I was in F about 40 rows and was commenting about how the noise wasn't what it normally is. The loudest I have heard the stadium in recent years was the 2014 Mississippi State game early on and later in the 2014 Iron Bowl.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I agree. I have been going to Bama home games for over 30 years and only missed a few over the last 10 years. In my opinion, the Jonathan Allen fumble TD return was the loudest one play that I have ever heard at BDS. Our seats are in the east upper deck and it was shaking and everyone was going crazy. For about 15 seconds, it felt like a small earthquake. My son, who is 14, said he got dizzy and felt like he was going to pass out. It was quite a scene. RTR

PS: I was not at the Mount Cody block / UT game in 2009 so I can't compare the two.
I was not at the game either, but the 2009 UT game was the wildest, loudest reaction I've ever seen through the TV anyway. Went from almost graveyard quiet to absolute explosion of sound and fury in a split second.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The loudest game, start to finish, was without doubt the 2005 Florida game.

Saturday's burst when Allen recovered the fumble and ran it in would have fit in with that game. But it was one play, whereas 2005 Florida was the whole game.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
I was at both...The '09 Mount Cody block was louder...We're in JJ so wrong end on both occasions, but still deliriously deafening both times! RTR!!!

I was not at the game either, but the 2009 UT game was the wildest, loudest reaction I've ever seen through the TV anyway. Went from almost graveyard quiet to absolute explosion of sound and fury in a split second.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I've been to some big games over the past few years and attending since '92, that was the LOUDEST I ever heard BDS when Allen returned that fumble. I agree, the tv did it no justice.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
I think it has a lot to do with where you are sitting. I was in F about 40 rows and was commenting about how the noise wasn't what it normally is. The loudest I have heard the stadium in recent years was the 2014 Mississippi State game early on and later in the 2014 Iron Bowl.
Saturday, I was in section F row. For, the Cody block, I was in the North End in the handicapped section by the ramp. The two sounds were very different.

On Cody's block, that was the loudest explosion of sound I have ever heard in BDS.

On the Allen recovery and score, the sound steadily crescendoed as it became obvious that he was going to get another N.O.T. It was loud, then became a sonic boom; truly something to witness.

I was looking forward to hearing that loud roar on my DVR of the game only to be disappointed when I watched it. It seems CBS significantly mutes the stadium/crowd noise, especially in BDS. I couldn't believe how Vern was going on and on because he heard some Ole Miss fans during the game this year saying 'go rebels' after every first down like this was somehow a novel concept when our entire crowd has been saying "Roll Tide" very loudly for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Saturday, I was in section F row. For, the Cody block, I was in the North End in the handicapped section by the ramp. The two sounds were very different.

On Cody's block, that was the loudest explosion of sound I have ever heard in BDS.

On the Allen recovery and score, the sound steadily crescendoed as it became obvious that he was going to get another N.O.T. It was loud, then became a sonic boom; truly something to witness.

I was looking forward to hearing that loud roar on my DVR of the game only to be disappointed when I watched it. It seems CBS significantly mutes the stadium/crowd noise, especially in BDS. I couldn't believe how Vern was going on and on because he heard some Ole Miss fans during the game this year saying 'go rebels' after every first down like this was somehow a novel concept when our entire crowd has been saying "Roll Tide" very loudly for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
There is no doubt in my mind CBS muted the crowd noise on that play and others as well. They made it sound like BDS was quiet Saturday and while it wasn't the loudest over the course of the game (1. Florida, 2. Oklahoma IMHO) it was definitely the single loudest play I've ever heard there. There would have been NO WAY the tv viewer would have heard Gary and Verne if they didn't mute it out. Like you said the best way to describe it was a sonic boom, great choice of words. First time I ever thought I was going to lose my hearing before the play stopped.....lol

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but check this out if you want to hear the crowd noise during Allen's fumble return from field level. Pretty impressive....

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Recruits were commenting on the electric atmosphere. Good to see our great fans haven't become complacent. Man, I've got to make it back out to a bigtime opponent game. Great job Bama nation!!!!

Watch Bryant-Denny erupt in the most passionate 'Rammer Jammer' of the season
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/10/watch_bryant-denny_erupt_in_th.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't get any better than this! Always love it when the fans and band can do their thing after the game is over!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.