Michigan's Harbaugh says replay worst call of his life.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Harbaugh brought up the play without being prompted during his weekly news conference Monday afternoon."I've never seen a worse call," Harbaugh said. "I don't know that I've ever seen a more strange replay. Maybe there has been."
The play in question came in the final minutes of a blowout win at the Big House on Saturday. Michigan completed a third-and-long pass near the sideline that referees spotted 2 yards short of a first down. Harbaugh opted to challenge the spot rather than face a fourth-down decision late in the game.

The replay officials ruled that the original spot was correct. Michigan kept its offense on the field, converted the fourth-down attempt and then kneeled on the ball twice to end the game. The play, nonetheless, stuck in the coach's craw three days later.
He held a brief discussion of the rulebook with reporters Monday afternoon. A reporter suggested that referees might have let the ruling slide because of the lopsided score at the time.

I didn't see the play and it may have even been questionable but what's he whining about 3 days about a blowout game? Article suggests that he wants to be competitive and never looks at the score. Let's contrast that with Saban. Saban wants excellence and yes gets angry at the end of games about execution. I don't see him fuming for three days over a missed call that would have only let him run up the score more. I hope we get him in the playoff and do a Michigan St on him this year.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Harbaugh brought up the play without being prompted during his weekly news conference Monday afternoon."I've never seen a worse call," Harbaugh said.
Everyone else in the PC forgot about that call, but now it's the worse call he has ever seen. Watch much football Jim?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I didn't see the play and it may have even been questionable but what's he whining about 3 days about a blowout game? Article suggests that he wants to be competitive and never looks at the score. Let's contrast that with Saban. Saban wants excellence and yes gets angry at the end of games about execution. I don't see him fuming for three days over a missed call that would have only let him run up the score more. I hope we get him in the playoff and do a Michigan St on him this year.
I side with the reporter. It was petty and classless to challenge the spot up that big on pitiful Illinois.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I side with the reporter. It was petty and classless to challenge the spot up that big on pitiful Illinois.
In fairness once they got the first down he kneeled on it twice instead of trying to score.

But it's totally bizarre to be upset about this days after the fact.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I really believe he is off mentally in some way. I want to hate him but when you really step back and analyze his behavior you have to wonder. He's odd for sure.
I agree. Outside of the obvious stuff if you do a deep dive you read lots of weird stories about him. Seems like a bizarre dude, wouldn't be surprised if he had some kind of personality disorder that A) helped him become a great coach and B) made him wear out his welcome everywhere he goes.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
In fairness once they got the first down he kneeled on it twice instead of trying to score.

This was after he attempted a fake punt on 4th down in the 4th quarter, up 34-0. Classless is the perfect way to describe Harbaugh.

From an X's and O's perspective, the dude can coach. From a personal perspective, well, I'm beginning to understand why the 49ers fired him.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I think he is trolling OSU with this comment. Saying that spotting the ball 2 yards short is the "worst call he's ever seen" when wasn't there a very controversial PI no call in the OSU/PSU game that maybe changed the outcome of the game? I didn't see the game, but I thought I read there was.

He's rubbing it in his rivals' faces.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I think he is trolling OSU with this comment. Saying that spotting the ball 2 yards short is the "worst call he's ever seen" when wasn't there a very controversial PI no call in the OSU/PSU game that maybe changed the outcome of the game? I didn't see the game, but I thought I read there was.

He's rubbing it in his rivals' faces.
I hope Urban Meyer lights him up again.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I agree. Outside of the obvious stuff if you do a deep dive you read lots of weird stories about him. Seems like a bizarre dude, wouldn't be surprised if he had some kind of personality disorder that A) helped him become a great coach and B) made him wear out his welcome everywhere he goes.
Reminds me of the quirks of Mike Leach... Now there is the Court Jester of odd guys everywhere...

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

What could Illinois do in such little time down by so much? He'd rather his quarterback get practice kneeling than Illinois get a few more snaps? Were they at home? Final home game, maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.