World series

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
I must say, it has been probably 20 to 25 years since I've watched a baseball game other than "Bull Durham", "Field of Dreams", "The Natural", and "The Rookie". It's possible I might have watched an inning or two flipping channels. But with the Cubs making it to the World Series the first time in my lifetime (and that is a long time) I will break down and watch my first game sometimes this week. My memory of the Cubs is Santo, Williams, Banks, and Jenkins. That was back when baseball was the national pastime". No baseball team should have to go over 70 years without playing in the World Series. I will be pulling for the Cubbies to win it. If they do I'd bet there will be a few illegally obtained uzi's fired into the air in celebration. Chicago might not ever be the same.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com

Cubs Pull Even in World Series as Indians’ Play Proves Sloppier Than the Weather

CLEVELAND — What Jake Arrieta did in rotten weather on Wednesday night during Game 2 of the World Series against the Cleveland Indians made little sense. He threw a first-pitch strike to only half the batters he faced. He fired 98 pitches in all, but only 55 were strikes. He walked three batters.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/27/s...eveland-indians-world-series-game-2.html?_r=0

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
WOW. What a pitching duel. Indians lead 2 to 1.

CHICAGO (WLS) --
The Indians beat the Cubs 1-0 in Game 3 of the World Series on Friday night, taking a 2-1 lead in the contest in Chicago.

The Cubs put runners on second and third with two outs in the ninth before Allen struck out Javier Baez to end it.

Pinch-hitter Coco Crisp hit an RBI single in the seventh off Carl Edwards Jr. for the lone run.

Indians starter Josh Tomlin went 4 2/3 innings, then Andrew Miller, Bryan Shaw and Allen took over.

The Cubs have been blanked four times in the last eight games this postseason. It was their first 1-0 loss in the World Series since Babe Ruth and the Boston Red Sox beat them in 1918.

http://abc7chicago.com/sports/world...t-indians-in-game-3-at-wrigley-field/1577039/

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Why isn't there a huge thread on the world series? This is it? Pathetic!

Cubbies kicking butt tonight!

If there's a game 7 maybe we can put a game thread on the main page (?)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.