Surprising Facts about Alabama Football - You May Not Know

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Hey everyone -- I came across a surprising fact....about Alabama football that I did not know.....

For example.....did you realize that Julio Jones was never an All-American?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-american-treasure-chest-could-end-this-year

In this article, it highlights all of Coach Saban's All-American players and how OJ Howard would be his first Tight End All-American -- completing his "Treasure Chest" of All-Americans.....

Even though it was not that long ago, I would have sworn Julio was an All-American.....

Anyone have any other facts that they'd like to share that most of us might not know?

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Hey everyone -- I came across a surprising fact....about Alabama football that I did not know.....

For example.....did you realize that Julio Jones was never an All-American?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-american-treasure-chest-could-end-this-year

In this article, it highlights all of Coach Saban's All-American players and how OJ Howard would be his first Tight End All-American -- completing his "Treasure Chest" of All-Americans.....

Even though it was not that long ago, I would have sworn Julio was an All-American.....

Anyone have any other facts that they'd like to share that most of us might not know?
The Jones thing is not entirely shocking. His stats were not overwhelming in college and typically the folks who end up on All-American lists at receiver tend to have giant statistical seasons (see: Amari Cooper).

If they had taken into account his blocking skills, leadership and ability to free up guys because he was being double teamed, then he should have been All-American. His production went well beyond his statistics.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.