All Hope Is Restored in Lee County (Their early take on the IB)

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My favorite is the guy saying that they will use the pass to open up the run and that if they do, they should win by 14.

Does this imbecile know that:

a) Saban has not lost by 14 points in six years
b) Auburn didn't beat Alabama by 14 even with the great Cam Newton
c) in fact, Auburn never even beat the probation riddled Tide by 14 points
d) Auburn last beat Alabama by more than 10 points way back in 1969

I mean, it's one thing to think you'll win but that's disrespect of an insane magnitude.

Here's another favorite:

I stand by my analysis from offensive statistics to date .... their offense is not THAT great.

Well, Auburn averages 302.9 yards rushing, but that's somewhat inflated due to the 540 yard performance this past weekend. They're third in rushing while we're ninth at 264.8.

We also pass for 233.3 ypg (62nd) and Auburn for 198.1 (96th).

Our TOTAL OFFENSE is 3 yards per game less than Auburn (they're 14th and we're 15th). And they have two losses while we have none against the 11th ranked schedule in the nation (theirs is 19th per Sagarin).

So the offenses are dead even, the defenses are dead even, and Alabama has played a somewhat tougher schedule.

If our offense isn't that good then neither is theirs - to anyone using that ridiculous argument.

And let me point out yet again that Auburn was coming off a week of rest while Arkansas was playing their third tough game in a row, this one on the ROAD. Auburn should be very glad with that victory, but let's not pretend this is a new normal of performance for them, either.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I understand having hope. OSU just lost and I have hope. But this kind of false bravado just makes them sound small and insecure.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Let them enjoy their momentary "Bravado" cause the meltdown that will ensue after their Iron Bowl loss will be epicly awesome to watch..I think they've peaked as a team & their lil run will take a nose dive by seasons end..

I'm glad they've improved cause it ensures The Gus Bus stays at The Barn..As long as he doesn't have a sCam freak QB running his offense..The Gus Bus will have a couple flats every season keeping The Barn irrelevant by season's end in college football..

Last edited:

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Again, I think the SEC is a good bit down especially on the defensive side of the ball over the balance of 14 teams. I think it has inflated our offensive production and everyone else too.

LSU and Auburn are likely in for a rude awakening against us when it comes to all these easy runs and wide open receivers. By the same token, I think Hurts is going to have a bad day against those two if he doesn't get better throwing medium to deep and over the middle of the field.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Again, I think the SEC is a good bit down especially on the defensive side of the ball over the balance of 14 teams. I think it has inflated our offensive production and everyone else too.

LSU and Auburn are likely in for a rude awakening against us when it comes to all these easy runs and wide open receivers. By the same token, I think Hurts is going to have a bad day against those two if he doesn't get better throwing medium to deep and over the middle of the field.
I'm sure we're working on the timing everyday, but he's a youngster and has a way to go. Hopefully he'll get there.
That being said, he's a way better passer and athlete at QB than LSU or AU can even dream about.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I understand having hope. OSU just lost and I have hope. But this kind of false bravado just makes them sound small and insecure.
They don't sound small and insecure. They are small and insecure.

Have been since the beginning of time. Will be when the sun engulfs the earth.

They are, however, extremely dangerous when under-estimated, and have a long history of confounding expectations both ways.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
We're actually pretty happy with the flying tomato. Question is, can we keep him off his back long enough to get anything off against your front seven.
How sweet would a bumper sticker be that said, "Honk if you've sacked the flying tomato" after the Bama D sacked him 13 times?

Brodie would probably finance the whole thing!

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
bama will be rightfully favored by about 15-20 points in that game. if they are gonna pull an upset they may need a better qb.
some early lines has Alabama -17 vs auburn. sounds about right.
Vegas doesn't get caught up with fandom fodder or the media hype for ratings and such. they are in the business of $$$. most of the time they know more about football than the average Joe.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
How sweet would a bumper sticker be that said, "Honk if you've sacked the flying tomato" after the Bama D sacked him 13 times?

Brodie would probably finance the whole thing!
Yeah I was thinking something like "honk if you turned the flying tomato into ketchup" or something similar.

ETA: met Brodie recently. Seems to have a good sense of humor about the "honk if you sacked Brodie" thing.

Last edited:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I saw some of the LSU and Auburn games and I could have run through those defenses that just laid down for the aforementioned teams. Ole Sis and Arky defenses were absolutely awful. I just wish they had played like that when they played us.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I saw some of the LSU and Auburn games and I could have run through those defenses that just laid down for the aforementioned teams. Ole Sis and Arky defenses were absolutely awful. I just wish they had played like that when they played us.
that's the thing, Alabama gets everyone's best shot. its good to be the King!

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
I wish I would read just one thread of their's and not see some stupid comment about the refs helping Bama. They seem to forget the help they've rec'd from the refs the last two times they played Bama.

Also I haven't seen the obligatory "Can we lock this thread, we have lsu first" post yet. What's going on with you guys ;)

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
How many series before we see the QB shuffle so they can get their DT QB in the game? Not too many I suspect.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.