JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
SEC Previews and Predictions: Week 9
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
October 26th, 2016 12:24 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Oct. 26, 2016 Last week’s record: 4-3 (57.1%) Season record: 57-13 (81.4%) A second consecutive poor week for the Predictions Dept. has caused us to reevaluate our feelings about several teams in the middle of the SEC pack. While Alabama is off this week, Bama fans won’t find much to […]

Read More Here

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks Jess always appreciated. The quality of SEC games this weekend would suggest this would have been a good weekend to attend that football weekend wedding complained by folks on here so often. IMO, Ole Miss gets their doors blown off by the newly resurgent auburn tigers. I can see the tigs rushing for at least 400+ yards. I believe Colonel Freeze gets his boys to 6-6, just cannot see MSU putting up much of a fight.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Thanks Jess always appreciated. The quality of SEC games this weekend would suggest this would have been a good weekend to attend that football weekend wedding complained by folks on here so often. IMO, Ole Miss gets their doors blown off by the newly resurgent auburn tigers. I can see the tigs rushing for at least 400+ yards. I believe Colonel Freeze gets his boys to 6-6, just cannot see MSU putting up much of a fight.
Freeze should learn that there are more SEC teams than just Bama

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
"Ole Miss is not only now 3-4, but a path exists to where the Rebels don’t make the postseason for reasons other than the NCAA Committee on Infractions demanding it"

Bwahahaa.....good stuff, Jess......:biggrin:

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
OM currently at 3-4 should (emphasis on should) beat Vanderbilt, Georgia Southern and MSU. They get MSU in Oxford. Can't see them beating auburn or TAMU in College Station. If Colonel Freeze wants to improve his current recruiting status they will have to pass the hat at the auburn game and be sure to work the donors in the Grove before and after the game.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I'm sorry, I can't get past the fact that there is still a path for UK to get to the SECCG. Unlikely, sure, but a path exists in Week 9.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Edit:

When was the last time Champ lost to 10Rsee?

South Carolina’s Will Muschamp, 4-0 vs. Tennessee, shares key to beating Vols

No one can blame Muschamp for reminding his South Carolina players this week how close they have been to beating the Vols without him these past four years.

“I looked it up and saw that (the margin is) 11 points in four years,” Muschamp said at his news conference in Columbia, site of Saturday’s 7:15 p.m. game (TV: ESPN2).
“What’s going to make a difference from our last three games is our preparation, and that’s the motivation for our guys today,” he said. “Your mental and physical preparation for the game make a difference. Those 11 points are going a different way for us.
“That’s really why I brought it up as much as anything, to say, ‘Hey, a play or two here or there and that’s a different ball game and we feel a little different about the situation.’ ”
Muschamp went ahead and played “Rocky Top” at South Carolina practice, even though the game is in Williams-Brice Stadium.
“Sometimes you get tired of listening to it, and you don’t want to listen to it on game day,” Muschamp said. “So I told our guys, ‘Play good and you won’t have to listen to it.’ “
Muschamp said he also has made sure his offense has a plan to account for Tennessee defensive end Derek Barnett.
“They have a dominating player in my opinion in Barnett,” Muschamp said. “I think he’s the guy that can change games, and we need to account for him.”
South Carolina burned freshman QB Jake Bentley's redshirt last weekend against UMass. His stats from that game are:

17/26 201 yds. (long 47) 2 TD's and 0 Int.

With Bentley as starting QB and the defensive advantage going to the Gamecocks, Champ's streak just might be extended....

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
5-1 is a nice bounce back week. I had USCe beating UT (the team I've called the most overrated team in years) and I called the Samford track meet but that's only because I've seen them play this year. They have a fun team and MSU is going to have a rough finish in 2016. Can't wait for the Battle in the Bayou prediction. Roll Tide and SNASS!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Edit:

When was the last time Champ lost to 10Rsee?

South Carolina’s Will Muschamp, 4-0 vs. Tennessee, shares key to beating Vols

South Carolina burned freshman QB Jake Bentley's redshirt last weekend against UMass. His stats from that game are:

17/26 201 yds. (long 47) 2 TD's and 0 Int.

With Bentley as starting QB and the defensive advantage going to the Gamecocks, Champ's streak just might be extended....

If there ever was a case to demonstrate the value of burning a red shirt - this was it. Good job and great decision by South Carolina.

I think there are many who are so distracted by the Vols' loss they are not aware of the significance of South Carolina's uptick through use of their freshman QB...which really was the difference maker in the game, IMHO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.