NCAA coaching salaries for 2016 - Saban #2...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I wouldn't worry about that just yet. If we get to playoff/National championship again, Then Saban will be the first 10 million dollar coach. Michigan has done nothing to justify Harbaugh's 9 million dollar salary. For 9 million dollar, you better produce almost immediately. I don't know how long Harbaugh will last at Michigan, but it'll be interesting to see what kind of outcome he'll have.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I wouldn't worry about that just yet. If we get to playoff/National championship again, Then Saban will be the first 10 million dollar coach. Michigan has done nothing to justify Harbaugh's 9 million dollar salary. For 9 million dollar, you better produce almost immediately. I don't know how long Harbaugh will last at Michigan, but it'll be interesting to see what kind of outcome he'll have.
I would LOVE for us to meet Michigan in the CFP!!!

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Everyone talks about Mullen going to a bigger program but man he has a cherry deal in Starkville with relatively low pressure. Heck, that program will live off of Dak's NFL success for another 5 years.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Good for Harbaugh. This makes Michigan look stupid for paying him that absurd amount of money, but if he starts winning national championships, that all changes. Looks like Us and Ohio St. look about right. There has been a return on those two investments. Coach Saban may get another bump in his salary after this year.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I've never understood why Kirk Ferentz has always commanded such a high salary in his long tenure at Iowa. He shared a conference title in 2002 and 2004, but other than that he's never won any kind of championship.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.