And There It Is: LSU DB - ‘We’re going to dominate this game’

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Does he really expect Coach Kiffin will allow Hurts to all of a sudden become a drop back, stay in the pocket type QB for The Swamp Kittens to unload on, you will have to catch Hurts to pound him & I don't see that happening as easily as this bright guy thinks it will be getting to Hurts..

That really hasn't happened yet this year even against D's that's as good or better than LSU's D..If anything affects Hurts game it won't be from getting hit, it will be from the chaos, along the stadium noise that Death Valley if known for..

Not mentioned in the article, but ESPN says the same DB says this:

dadleyblane5

All-SEC
Apr 19, 2011
DeFuniak Springs Fl.
It's one thing to talk smack about our O & D, it's another thing to *^%$ us off. That happened in 2011- 2012 when we had the rematch with them. I remember some comments from then. I hope he keeps on giving us bulletin board material. Worked in NO in 2012, which was basically a home game for them. Anybody remember the 50 yard line?? Because LSU surely can't, they were only there 1 time. And by the way Thomas, this ain't LSU's 2012 Defense.... So go ahead and keep running that gator buddy boy.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
In the Coach Saban era, at least since his second season with us, I cannot remember a team talking trash pre-game like this and actually beating us.

I recall Georgia last year. It seems they yapped a bit pregame, their fans especially, and then the team had the audacity to taunt our team as they came onto the field. That Georgia team was fired up, and ready to unload on us in front of their home fans. How did that work out for them again?

Please, PLEASE, keep on yapping. Especially you, Coach O.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
In the Coach Saban era, at least since his second season with us, I cannot remember a team talking trash pre-game like this and actually beating us.

I recall Georgia last year. It seems they yapped a bit pregame, their fans especially, and then the team had the audacity to taunt our team as they came onto the field. That Georgia team was fired up, and ready to unload on us in front of their home fans. How did that work out for them again?

Please, PLEASE, keep on yapping. Especially you, Coach O.
the uga (both times) and notre dame pre-game smack/prancing were my favorites.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Just because of LSU talking trash, I really would like to see Hurts doing damage to them from passing/running game. Hurts throwing for 300 yards and rushing for 150 yards and then get the flag for taunting in their face after a last touchdown.

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Who cares...transitive property is a dangerous thing in sports. All that matters is LSU v. Alabama. Etling isn't going to beat us with his legs like Manziel. I don't think getting away from the run is going to be a great plan for them. Unless they can find creases that haven't existed to date, I don't expect Fournette to break 120 yards rushing. I think they need 200 from him to win barring turnovers gifting them points.
Div I - FBS Alabama beat Texas A&M 33 - 14
Div I - FBS Texas A&M beat Auburn 29 - 16
Div I - FBS Auburn beat LSU 18 - 13

Or,

Div I - FBS LSU is better than Alabama because LSU beat Mississippi 38 - 21
while Alabama only beat Mississippi 48 - 43

There you go. LSU is clearly the better Transitive football team!

:eek:)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Would have been hilarious if someone in the room where O made his comments stood up and said "Technically, the Ole Miss offense scored 36 on the Bama defense, coach."

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I feel like we’re going to dominate this game.
In what? Alcohol consumption, and drunk, rowdy behavior?

Yeah, in those metrics, probably yes.

Emotional energy will only get you so far. And after it wears off (rather quickly), reality sets in.

Just ask Jawjuh and Nutter Dumber.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Oh I see, Alabama is continuing to live rent free in the hearts and minds of all those who cheer on the purple and gold.

Crap like this has not work, does not work will not work against a Saban led Bama team. Those who do not learn from their past mistakes, are doomed to repeat.

This kid is going to learn a lesson the hard way. Bama will beat LSU and it will probably be by a couple of tds. Coach O is not a good enough coach to beat Bama and LSU is not talented or deep enough to beat Alabama. Limited offenses like LSU who has Fournette and ??? (seriously I do not know one WR or their QB or the TE nor do I care too) for offense and they expect to not only win, but to dominate.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Just because of LSU talking trash, I really would like to see Hurts doing damage to them from passing/running game. Hurts throwing for 300 yards and rushing for 150 yards and then get the flag for taunting in their face after a last touchdown.
I hear you, but I would love to see us rush for 400 yards. 200 by Hurts, 120 by Harris, and split another 100 or so between Jacobs and Bo. We could throw for 50 or so, whatever. Just run the ball down their throats again and again and hold Fournette under a 100 again and beat them 31-0. Just an old fashioned whipping. That stadium would be empty, except the 10,000 or so BAMA fans, by the mid-third quarter.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
OOOOH whew.. UA players taking notice of what LSU been saying. Players retweeting LSU quotes " We are going to dominate this offense"

Whew... I'm so glad they're taking notice of this and going to let their game do the talking.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I hear you, but I would love to see us rush for 400 yards. 200 by Hurts, 120 by Harris, and split another 100 or so between Jacobs and Bo. We could throw for 50 or so, whatever. Just run the ball down their throats again and again and hold Fournette under a 100 again and beat them 31-0. Just an old fashioned whipping. That stadium would be empty, except the 10,000 or so BAMA fans, by the mid-third quarter.
Reason I said I want Hurts to do the most damaging because The opposing team did not respect Hurts...

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Man, that group on Tiger Droppings is already worked themselves up in a frenzy. LOL, at some of the threads, comments.

RTR!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.