And There It Is: LSU DB - ‘We’re going to dominate this game’

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Do you see Orgeron as being yall's next coach at all, even if he loses to Alabama? I keep hearing all this rumbling about how LSU fans love him, just curious if that is true.
It's his job for now. I don't think a Bama loss eliminates him if we are competitive. Overall, He hasn't given the administration a reason not to keep him. I can't think of any dropoff we have from Miles to Orgeron, but I see a lot of improvements. Given the talent we have, if he hires/retains top notch assistants AND LETS THEM DO THEIR JOB, he will be successful. It's a night and day difference between what he has at LSU compared to Ole Miss. He is different and knows he doesn't have to be gimmicky at LSU.

Just honestly speaking, he's not Nick Saban, but who is? Most LSU fans have admitted that, albeit begrudgingly. Could Herman be that next Saban-esque coach? Yeah, but he could also be the next Mark Helfrich.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Ed Ogeron when asked about Dwayne Thomas quote: "That's wrong, he shouldn't have said it. You don't win the game in the paper, you win the game on Saturday night, so I'm going to have a little conversation with Dwayne."
His remark about OM's score against us, that we weren't "invincible" had all the hallmarks of "playing to the crowd." You would never hear Saban say anything even vaguely along those lines. It's always dangerous to increase your helping of crow. It's cost some coaching jobs...

LSU63

All-SEC
Jan 19, 2007
Brusly, La.
Do you see Orgeron as being yall's next coach at all, even if he loses to Alabama? I keep hearing all this rumbling about how LSU fans love him, just curious if that is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he'd have to win out, or lose one in a non blowout fashion, to even have a chance to be the HC. It will also depend on the availability of the coaches out there.

As for the fans, I think everyone had fatigue with Les, the horrible offensive game plan of the last few years, the incoherent rambling non answers at press conferences, and the baffling gameday blunders, that everyone just was ready for a change.

Last edited:

LSU63

All-SEC
Jan 19, 2007
Brusly, La.
His remark about OM's score against us, that we weren't "invincible" had all the hallmarks of "playing to the crowd." You would never hear Saban say anything even vaguely along those lines. It's always dangerous to increase your helping of crow. It's cost some coaching jobs...
I agree, but I think that's a little out of context. I listened to his Monday press conference, and his interviews on radio all week, and he's been as open and complimentary of Bama players and coaches as anyone I've listened to all year. I

've competed in both team (football) and individual (boxing) sports, and never thought it's a good idea to talk like that. I don't think in the long run it matters most of the time, the better team or competitor usually always wins, but like you said, why have to lose and eat crow?

bamafan76

1st Team
Sep 19, 2004
Kenner, LA
Dwayne Thomas quote:

“This is the year,” he said. “We’ve been letting them off the hook for the last couple of years. This is my senior year. We’re going out with a bang. It’s time for us to bring that win back. We’re going to be at home. I feel like we have the edge to take it to them, and we’re going to take it to them. I feel like we’re going to dominate this game.”

Thanks for letting us off the hook again tonight... 🙄

Don't get me wrong, hard fought game, but if your going to talk make sure you back it up. Thankfully, they didn't and it is now 6 in a row for the TIDE!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The defense didn't dominate Alabama, but the defense wasn't the reason LSU lost tonight. That's for sure.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Dwayne Thomas quote:

“This is the year,” he said. “We’ve been letting them off the hook for the last couple of years. This is my senior year. We’re going out with a bang. It’s time for us to bring that win back. We’re going to be at home. I feel like we have the edge to take it to them, and we’re going to take it to them. I feel like we’re going to dominate this game.”

Thanks for letting us off the hook again tonight... [emoji849]

Don't get me wrong, hard fought game, but if your going to talk make sure you back it up. Thankfully, they didn't and it is now 6 in a row for the TIDE!
Thomas did his part. He played very well tonight. Gave us fits most of the game. But it wasn't enough. We are the better team.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We had a bad half but we basically controlled the game the entire second half. Heck, we had the ball for over half of the 2nd half in just the two scoring possessions. We wore them out...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Sure it was - if LSU's D played as well as Bama's, it would have ended regulation at 0-0...
Guess the argument would be whether LSU's offense didn't give its defense any help or if the Alabama defense didn't allow the LSU offense to provide the help.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Guess the argument would be whether LSU's offense didn't give its defense any help or if the Alabama defense didn't allow the LSU offense to provide the help.
To me the answer to the implied questions is simply, "Yes." Missed some easy completions to keep drives alive. Also our D was. dominant.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
When JH threw the int and LSU couldn't move the ball and get points off it, I knew they wouldn't be able to handle our 'D' and they were in for a long night. Not to take any thing away from their 'D', they weren't slouches.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.