Saban on SEC Film Room

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not sure why you would tell everyone how you dominated an opponent like that. Keep your opponents, past and future, guessing. Make them figure out their own problems.
Every team has their tendencies, so pointing out the one tendency you picked out from Team A shouldn't really matter to future opponents because Teams W and J might have completely different tendencies. The main team it hurts is TAMU.

The bigger question is why is Sumlin (who's being paid $5M+/year) running an offense in which the offensive lineman stance gives the play away. If I were an aTm supporter/fan I'd be furious..
Phil Savage mentioned during the radio broadcast he noticed how TAMU's OL did these things. Wild thing about it is no other defense noticed before this? Or no other defense at least didn't take advantage of it.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I can remember a story about Coach Bryant from the 1960s similar to this discussion. Getting ready to play I think Georgia, he noticed on film study that the Georgia QB was giving away run/pass with something in his pre-snap stance. Alabama lived in their backfield as a result and killed them. After the game, Coach Bryant called the Georgia coach and told him what he saw so he could adjust.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
The bigger question is why is Sumlin (who's being paid $5M+/year) running an offense in which the offensive lineman stance gives the play away. If I were an aTm supporter/fan I'd be furious..
And yet all week, the Texags faithful have been more concerned with BAMA having the refs in their pocket since they didn't flag BAMA for all the targeting/helmet to helmet hits (basically happened every play)and holding fouls (again basically happened every play), the rampant PED abuse by the BAMA team (evidenced by positions like the DL having all the same body type/build) and how BAMA runs the SEC the same way texas does the biglittle 12(10).

oh aggy :rolleyes:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
And yet all week, the Texags faithful have been more concerned with BAMA having the refs in their pocket since they didn't flag BAMA for all the targeting/helmet to helmet hits (basically happened every play)and holding fouls (again basically happened every play), the rampant PED abuse by the BAMA team (evidenced by positions like the DL having all the same body type/build) and how BAMA runs the SEC the same way texas does the biglittle 12(10).

oh aggy :rolleyes:
Yep. TexAgs has been my comedy relief recently lol

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
No real secrets there...any average coach would see those things in film study. It's just us fans who are not aware of all the study coaches do to prepare their players. BTW, I think this is the huge advantage we have with all the extra "analysts" like Sark. No one can see everything...more trained eyes result in better info, imho.
We don't even need the extra analysts for this give though. We looked for this type of stance difference when I was in HS, over 20 years ago. We'd also look ath their fingers in the three point stance to see if they were putting more or less pressure on them (forward or backward lean). Some guys can hide it, some can't, and some are good at showing one thing and doing another.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
After the game, Coach Bryant called the Georgia coach and told him what he saw so he could adjust.
And after this game, Saban just might've put word out so aTm could adjust and maybe not lose another SEC game - if you get the drift of what I'm saying, and who they're playing in a couple of weeks and who they've already beaten.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.