Alabama Football Postseason Tickets Request Email

BamaGrad2005

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2005
Lexington, KY
Season Ticket Holders, check your email! The request deadline is December 5th.

Quick question: Does anyone know the Tide Totals Priority Points cutoffs from pervious years? :BigA:

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
The cutoff has been different each year for the most part ... always depends on the venue.
And unfortunately, since everyone's points are continuously increasing, the cutoff continues to increase.
My biggest issue is that they give 8 to the top donors... I completely agree should get more, but 8 seems excessive to me. My husband and I have been Tide Pride members in the Touchdown Club for 20 years, yet can only get 2 (if available ... :(). We do usually get them, but the seats are usually not the greatest. Very frustrating!

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
Was the SEC Championship Game listed in this one for anyone?
No, but it never has been for us. I think it has to do with the SECCG tickets being split among all the teams in the conference, rather than between two schools like most bowl games.

BamaGrad2005

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2005
Lexington, KY
Thanks for the info. This is my wife and my first year as season ticket holders, so we probably won't be able to get any tickets. We plan on trying to go to our bowl game anyways.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
So FYI I know it is super early, but Spirit has ATL to Tampa tickets for under $100. Frontier has ~$50 to Orlando which is an hour drive to Tampa.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
No, but it never has been for us. I think it has to do with the SECCG tickets being split among all the teams in the conference, rather than between two schools like most bowl games.
SECCG has "season ticket holders." They sold them to people when the game started up years ago.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
A couple of things play into the point cutoff for tickets.

First, the size of the venue. For the SECCG, it's static. But for all the other possibilities, stadium size -- and therefore ticket allocation -- vary widely.

Second, the number of people who actually order. Atlanta is logistically the easiest to travel to, so more people tend to order for those games, which will drive the point cutoff higher.

Third, the number of points goes up every year as more people accumulate more points, but that doesn't change the ticket allocation. Which also drives up the cutoff.

And yes, points drive it all, which are in turn driven by donations.

It may seem like being able to order 8 tickets is a bit much. Until you look at the number of points it takes to get that -- 10,000. The exact calculation of dollars to points has been tweaked over the years, but bottom line is that people with 10,000 points have definitely contributed no less than $250,000 over and above the cost of the tickets themselves.

Depending on exactly how they got there, it could have been over $300,000.

So yeah, it kind of stinks that those of us without that kind of money have to scuffle to get tickets, even if we've been members of Tide Pride for 25 years.

But if you want a $15 million coaching staff, and $50 million facilities and $100 million stadium renovations, that's what it takes to gin the results that are currently spoiling all of us.

The other thing it does is increase transparency. Prior to Tide Pride, there was a lot more politics and connections involved in deciding who got tickets. I'm not naive enough to think some of that doesn't still go on. But it's greatly reduced.

Before, it was extremely difficult to increase your standing. Now, all you have to do is stroke a check. Yeah, that's easier said than done. But we all have our priorities on spending...and if we're in TP, we almost certainly could pony up another $3-$5,000 to move up the ladder if we chose to re-jigger our other spending.

But then watching the big-screen TV in our own lounge chair, with private food, beverage and bathroom facilities within a few steps becomes a lot more attractive. As my grandfather used to say, "You pays your money, and you takes your choice."

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Was the SEC Championship Game listed in this one for anyone?
The SEC Championship game was not listed for me. I had a mote that said "Due to the anticipated demand for the SEC championship game, we are unable to offer you SEC tickets at this time. Your Tide Totals Priority Points fall below the minimum forecasted for this opportunity."

I only have 77 points and only been a Tide Pride member since 2011. Fortunately for me, I have 2 SEC tickets every year since I buy them through the SEC office and have done so for over 20 years. Each school in the game will only get about 15K tickets to distribute.

I was able to request 2 tickets to any projected bowl game, CFP playoff game, and National Championship game. I don't expect them to get that far down the list to actually get those.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
If I remember correctly Dallas was a difficult ticket and high points. I got tickets but only through my job and not Tide Pride. I got tickets to Glendale through Tide Pride, as did everyone that requested them. If Alabama does make the playoffs and ATL is the venue followed by Tampa it's going to take a LOT of points. How many I don't know, but I'm not counting on anything thru Tide Pride.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Check out these prices. I have 250 TT points and have been a TP member since 96

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Check out these prices. I have 250 TT points and have been a TP member since 96

I feel sick. $650 FACE VALUE for the national championship game is almost insulting. Face value prices have absolutely skyrocketed in the last 10 years. I went to Pasadena in '09. Face was about $200 then. I also went to Miami and Glendale. I can't remember the face value of Miami, but Glendale was $450. Now $200 HIGHER for Tampa. These corporations are ruining the championship game for the average fan.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I feel sick. $650 FACE VALUE for the national championship game is almost insulting. Face value prices have absolutely skyrocketed in the last 10 years. I went to Pasadena in '09. Face was about $200 then. I also went to Miami and Glendale. I can't remember the face value of Miami, but Glendale was $450. Now $200 HIGHER for Tampa. These corporations are ruining the championship game for the average fan.
You got that right. I sat in a corporate field box seat at Yankee Stadium a few months ago and could never afford to take my wife and 5 year old and pay $275 a seat from where we sat.

bamawind

Scout Team
Sep 23, 2006
Does anyone have a suggestion. Want to take wife and son to Miss St game do you think I will be able to pick up 3 tickets sitting together when I get to Tuscaloosa.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Thanks for all the replies. This is our first year as season ticket holders and only have 8 Priority Points. How do we increase this number?
Write a check for $50K [emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji383][emoji523][emoji523][emoji523][emoji378][emoji378][emoji378][emoji378][emoji378]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.