Obamacare Architect 'The Law Is Working As Designed-We Need a Larger Mandate Penalty'

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Wrong! It was designed to distribute the risk. Its just not doing that very well yet and needs to be fixed.
Well if it is you have an uphill battle since all the people you are counting on to share it have virtually no risk. How much is it helping the risk with all the people that are subsidized?

If person A isn't paying for it and person B is part of what person B is paying goes toward paying person A's portion of the risk. That in my book is wealth redistribution. Enlighten me as to how it isn't. No offense intended, I just can't see it not being that.

Last edited:

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
It does make sense to get more from the slackers who have no insurance and would be the first ones with their hand out looking for help when something unforeseen happens.
Before this law, those same slackers weren't causing my premiums to go up as quickly as they have since this stupid thing was passed. Seriously, in the five years before Obamacare my premiums went from $405 to $440/month. Since 2013, when the bulk of the changes went into effect, my rates have gone from $440 to $700/month. This whole thing is just another "welfare" program that dems love so much, takes more of my money and gives it to lazy bums who refuse to earn a living on their own.

All these stupid government programs are just making me want my money back and caring less for the poor. Seriously, if it takes making me poor to help the poor, then screw them, I want out. That may be too blunt and honest for some of you but, I'm tired of being forced to support these people when I can barely afford to support my own family.

Last edited:

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Wrong! It was designed to distribute the risk. Its just not doing that very well yet and needs to be fixed.
He may be wrong in some sense, but you are too. The broader insurance market has been degraded in order to expand coverage. For example, significant costs are being covered by the employer-sponsored market and insured costs and/or coverages have generally worsened as a result.

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Well, since nearly everyone is getting a subsidy it is redistributing wealth.

And as far as things not working well, it's working as should be expected. Government programs don't work. Is the fix to add more government?

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Well, since nearly everyone is getting a subsidy it is redistributing wealth.

And as far as things not working well, it's working as should be expected. Government programs don't work. Is the fix to add more government?
That is totally wrong. Most people have insurance through their employer so they are not getting subsidies.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.