Texas still thinks they can get CNS

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
What does Miss Terry want to do?? It always interests me how when this talk surfaces, it`s always centered around HIM and what HE may or may not wish to do. JMHO, but I think if she were to be unhappy, he`d be gone so fast it`d make your head spin.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
It's not the UT program that is the problem (arrogance). That problem has its roots in the mindset of all Texans. Anyone who lives in Texas and has family rooted in the state sincerely believes that Texas and Texans are better than anyplace/anyone else.
This is absolutely the TRUTH!!! I lived in San Antonio for 4 years and Killeen for 3. Not only do they believe this, they are shocked that anyone else sees it any differently. In their minds the US should be grateful that TX is kind enough to remain a part of the country (not trying to get into NS). Their arrogance and sense of entitlement is engrained from birth and is truly something to behold.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I hear this all the time, but that is painting with a broad brush.

There is definitely state pride and for some very good reasons, but not everyone here fits your description.
Sure, not everyone, but enough to make the generalization.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I did a quick scan of the Shaggy Texas board. They don't seem to have a consensus on who to get if Herman turns them down. One person said Saban but most dismissed that as a pipe dream.

I also took a peek at their game thread about us and A&M. It read a lot like a thread here about a barn game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I did a quick scan of the Shaggy Texas board. They don't seem to have a consensus on who to get if Herman turns them down.
Tell you what...they need to hold on to the coach they have. Strong is pretty good and the brilliance of Herman seems to be dulling fast. But who knows, if they play their cards right they may be able to get P.J. Fleck.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Didn't say he couldn't /wouldn't win there. Just saying it would be a headache to get the ball rolling again. Sure, I agree he would win the conference right away (maybe even in the first year), but I think it would be year three before the nc start again. Why? He still has to put together a team that can compete with the SEC and other select teams that are already est in the playoffs. While he has a machine going full steam ahead already in place. All this with a bunch of Texas millionaire/ billionaires wanting to put their two cents in.
I think he'll finish his coaching career at Alabama. But there are some reasons he might consider it and it has nothing to do with money.

There's no question he likes building programs. He's admitted it. Said maintaining was what he had to do once he built it at Bama. Which does he really like better?

The goal of bringing UT back to prominence and winning still another title at a 3rd school would be just another crazy Saban record. I have no doubt he'd do it...sooner than we think.

And those crazy Texas billioniares??? He'd have full control and he'd show them the door when they started to interfere.

Again, I think he stays, but it's not like there aren't some reasons he might consider it.

What does Miss Terry want to do?? It always interests me how when this talk surfaces, it`s always centered around HIM and what HE may or may not wish to do. JMHO, but I think if she were to be unhappy, he`d be gone so fast it`d make your head spin.
This is probably the winner right here. If she's happy and content, I doubt he'd even consider it.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Texas has always had an inflated opinion of themselves.
Lately it looks like Texas can't even buy a First Down... ;)

When will people take Coach Saban at his word that he plans to retire at Alabama?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think he'll finish his coaching career at Alabama. But there are some reasons he might consider it and it has nothing to do with money.

There's no question he likes building programs. He's admitted it. Said maintaining was what he had to do once he built it at Bama. Which does he really like better?

The goal of bringing UT back to prominence and winning still another title at a 3rd school would be just another crazy Saban record. I have no doubt he'd do it...sooner than we think.

And those crazy Texas billioniares??? He'd have full control and he'd show them the door when they started to interfere.

Again, I think he stays, but it's not like there aren't some reasons he might consider it.

This is probably the winner right here. If she's happy and content, I doubt he'd even consider it.
In the end, the last time, he could not get commitments as to that. In fact, some heavy donors got very restive at the proposed restrictions. That sank the deal more than any other factor...

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I know about the Miami situation, and I understand the difficulty he was facing in handling it correctly, but Coach Saban would never, ever, have said, "I won't take another coaching job unless Lake Burton starts a football program" unless he meant it.
This almost amateurish article is causing quite a stir. Now you know why sensationalist journalists are indeed sensationalist journalists. Get's them reaction and readers, and they sell advertising. That simple.
No substance at all here.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I agree Sip ... Saban retires here. Texas has to again "show" they are willing to go after the best even if they don't get them. They have to paint themselves as "the premiere program" in college football, mainly for the sake of their boosters. But Texas is boxing themselves in a BAD corner with their antics. If I were CCS, I would personally want to leave there on the first thing smoking. I truly believe he'll be successful at another program. But Texas ... they got a long row to hoe for real. If they don't get Tom Herman, not sure who else they can get there that can make any type of difference.

Sagamore Bill

1st Team
Sep 1, 2010
Oklahoma
If I were the TX AD I would make a feint at CNS and then throw the bank at Urban Meyer. He has
shown a marked willingness to leave when things get hot (CNS / now Harbaugh).

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
It's not the UT program that is the problem (arrogance). That problem has its roots in the mindset of all Texans. Anyone who lives in Texas and has family rooted in the state sincerely believes that Texas and Texans are better than anyplace/anyone else.
Really? Although not a native Texan, I have lived in TX for over 20 years. Where are you coming up with this assumption? So, in your world, all Texans are like this? Uh, ok.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
I moved to Texas and this is not true. The mindset you describe is the Northern ignorance of the South.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
To be the best ever, you have to beat the best ever. He knows Bear was/is the best. Once he passes him, goal completed.

We are living in a once in a lifetime era of college football! I don't know if we will ever see this again. But i am certainly grateful to be seeing/living it myself.

Roll Tide!!!

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
To be the best ever, you have to beat the best ever. He knows Bear was/is the best. Once he passes him, goal completed.

We are living in a once in a lifetime era of college football! I don't know if we will ever see this again. But i am certainly grateful to be seeing/living it myself.

Roll Tide!!!

absolutely

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.