Link: Tom Arnold Claims NY Giants Were Hours From Hiring Saban In January 2015

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
"A team spokesman, when asked if there were anything to the story, said: “No.” "

Do I believe that any team would drop what they're doing and hire Coach Saban? Absolutely. Any team in college or NFL would. Fact.

Do I believe any of this garbage that Coach Saban did any of this? No. It simply doesn't compute on any level.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
With this and the recent pole results of top paid coaches along with more Texas rumors it makes plenty of sense that Sexton feels he needs to do a little more work for Coach Saban. He is the best coach he's ever going to represent in his entire career, and he has represented plenty.
Mr Sexton knows when to squeeze and when to just let a few rumors build without doing great harm. He is a master at his job. Wish he represented me back when the dot com boom was going down.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I just flat refuse to believe any of these "Rumors" when it comes to Coach Saban leaving Bama, just cause Coach Saban has finally rooted his family in the State Of Alabama, he loves this State & calls Alabam "Our State"..He's in "The Process" of building his legacy as a HC in college football at Alabama, if he leaves for another job, the media will absolutely blast his legacy as a "Job Hopping You Know What"..

Even though that's not right or true, the media itching for any excuse to crucify Coach Saban as a person & tarnish his legacy with any reason possible..Coach Saban knows this as well, combine that with his Family & Home is in Alabama, plus, knowing he will never be giving another opportunity to build the same kind dominant football program like he's hand built at Bama..

I slap don't believe any of these articles in the least bit..College football might as come to grips with Coach Saban retiring from Bama in 6-8yrs at The University Of Alabama..

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Hmmm. This story gets leaked right after the USA Today report that Harbaugh makes ~$3M more than Saban per year. Smells like Jimmy Sexton fishing to get Saban another raise..

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
As soon as they heard "I've got to ask Miss Terry." they had their answer. Anyone who has to "go ask" their significant other already knows what the other is thinking on an issue of that magnitude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.