Plain Trouble on Rocky Top; Jalen Hurd transferring

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
One has to think that Jones will have to jettison several staff members at the end of the season to stop this bleeding and buy himself more time. I'm thinking Debord and maybe a few others. What do yall think?

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
So kongbo is going to continue to not contribute at ut?
If he wants to continue making claims he can't back up there will always be a career in politics for him after this.

During recruitment it seemed like he wanted to play now and win now - Tennessee looked like a place where both of those things could happen - but neither of those things really happened, so a hissy fit ensues. I'm sure he has talent, but it just needs time and the right attitude to bring it to fruition. Wish he had a better disposition and come to play for Bama.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
One has to think that Jones will have to jettison several staff members at the end of the season to stop this bleeding and buy himself more time. I'm thinking Debord and maybe a few others. What do yall think?
With a new AD coming in, I'm not certain Botch's job is safe if this meltdown trend continues. I hope they keep him on, but right now there what, one 'guaranteed' win left on their schedule (Tennessee Tech)? KY probably beats UT, Vandy might as well. As poorly as Mizzou is playing, there's no telling - nobody thought USCe would beat UT.

With all the hype from the off-season if they end up 6-6 (with players leaving along the way), I don't know that Botch is 100% safe...

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
With all the hype from the off-season if they end up 6-6 (with players leaving along the way), I don't know that Botch is 100% safe...
Injuries are one thing, a mass exodus is another. Count me with those that though if they dropped another game or two with injuries mounting that Butch would get another year, but if talent is walking out the door all at once of their own volition, that demands a closer look. We've had transfers but not a ton of mid-season stuff.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
With a new AD coming in, I'm not certain Botch's job is safe if this meltdown trend continues. I hope they keep him on, but right now there what, one 'guaranteed' win left on their schedule (Tennessee Tech)? KY probably beats UT, Vandy might as well. As poorly as Mizzou is playing, there's no telling - nobody thought USCe would beat UT.

You could be right, especially if their season plays out that way. If they can lose to a garbage team like South Carolina, then they can lose to potentially anybody. I STILL cannot believe they lost that game. I thought surely they were better than that.

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com
Supposedly they had a special called team meeting last night and there were some problems. Sounds like the wheels are coming off. The pressure on Butch has to be enormous and I wonder if he is losing this team.
Lots of posters on VolNation speculating that he lost the team after the UGA game. Some are claiming Hurd suffered a concussion and Butch Jones put him back in and then he failed the concussion test. Alabama may extend the streak to 20 or more before they find their way out of the wilderness.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
So what was the deal with Kongbo? Did the Alabama staff sour on him late in the process, or did he simply pick Tennessee over us? I thought it was the latter but I don't follow recruiting nearly as closely as many of you.

Unrelated question: will Jalen Hurd be a graduate transfer?

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

"I was told that Alabama football would be out of business in two years" - Former Alabama running back Santonio Beard repeating comments made to him by Tennessee coaches after his commitment to the Crimson Tide.

Last edited:

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
One has to think that Jones will have to jettison several staff members at the end of the season to stop this bleeding ...
Shoopy could transfer back to Penn State in a junior analyst position for Franklin, or maybe Northeastern U. would take him back as groundskeeper for the Green Line median that runs through Boston, since they don't have a football team any longer.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.