A few thoughts from the other side on Bama @ LSU

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Hurts doesn't have to make us forget Jake Comer's or AJ McCarron's deep passing capability.

This year, with this team, against LSU, he just has to hit enough passes 10+ yards downfield to keep LSU from keeping a safety in the box all night. It would really help with taking the crowd out if he could do a little of that early.

To my mind, two in the first quarter and 5 for the game should do the trick. If that happens, our D, OL, RBs, and Hurts' legs can do the rest.

If he can't, the Tigahs stack the line, and we have all kinds of trouble moving the ball, and the crowd gets into it, and the already-jacked team feeds on it, and it's a real problem.

Worst case, if that happens, bet on whoever LSU plays next week.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If he can't, the Tigahs stack the line, and we have all kinds of trouble moving the ball, and the crowd gets into it, and the already-jacked team feeds on it, and it's a real problem.
He can and will hit five or more passes of 10+ yards (he has 52 passes of 10+ yards in 8 games (6.5 per game). Heck, Hurts is averaging just over 3 20+ yard catches per game. Some of those are short routes that result in YAC, but the point is the safeties won't be able to cheat up against the run without getting burned.

We're going to move the ball on LSU.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I'll say this: who would you rather have? LSU's offense vs Bama's defense or Bama's offense vs LSU's defense?

I think even the most devout LSU fans would take the latter. To me, that is the difference in the game.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
A good barometer for me--JH needs to pass for at least 200 yds and as a team we need to rush for 250. We do that then we will win.
Didn't go too far out on the limb there, lol. If we put up those numbers, we'll beat anyone...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He can and will hit five or more passes of 10+ yards (he has 52 passes of 10+ yards in 8 games (6.5 per game). Heck, Hurts is averaging just over 3 20+ yard catches per game. Some of those are short routes that result in YAC, but the point is the safeties won't be able to cheat up against the run without getting burned.

We're going to move the ball on LSU.
But I was told the deep passing game wasn't there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.