Maplesville RB Terence Dunlap

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Superdad

1st Team
Sep 17, 2009
I know he's a 1A player, but this guy looks really good. Has Bama shown any interest in him? Will they take another RB, anyway?

bamaman65

All-SEC
Feb 27, 2006
North Alabama
Scottsboro has a running back that is great. He averages 150 to 200 yards a game and plays defense. He is a Troy commit but could play at a higher level.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Don't recall seeing his name listed on any list of visitors for games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Just because it's 1A it doesn't mean the player sucks. ArDarius Stewart came from 2A Fultondale (at the time). Langham was from 2A Hazlewood. I could go on and on. My alma mater is a 1A school now and they have a 3-star RT this year. I don't think he'll be getting an offer from us, he's not a prototypical Bama RB.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
The following is not a knock on this kid, at all.... we have seen terrific athletes compete at lower classifications and thrive in D1. But, it takes a special talent for coaches to notice.

However, he is small. I hate to say it like this, but gone are the days when we actively recruit Tyrone Prothro and Brandon Brooks. They dominate their competitions, but can they do that in the SEC? It's gonna take years of weight room work ethic to get there. I'll even us a 6A state champ as an example- Clay' Tyrrell Pigrome. State champ, great athlete, but 5'10" and less than 180 during his senior year- so he is at Maryland.

Compare him to Chadarius Townsend from Tanner- Bama commit playing 2A ball. Compare how Towsend carries his 6'0", 190 to Dunlap's 5'11", 170. Again, not a knock...but that is the difference in SEC vs. playing for Illinois.

And, as a caveat, I'd be tickled pink if my son got an offer from any D1 school.

BigBama

All-SEC
Oct 13, 1999
I've seen him play this year and while he is good he is smallish and playing against guys smaller than him. I just don't see any qualities that would translate into SEC ball.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I was thinking I remembered hearing his name being talked about when I went to watch Jax St play at home a couple weeks ago..He looks like a great fit for the kinda offense at Jax St..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.