Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. LSU...

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
LSU had a lot of blue chippers on visits tonight. Some we are both going after. I've got to believe they liked our defense and the way we played.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
If you think we were "fortunate to win" you didn't watch the game. We didn't get lucky; we dominated. And that domination translated to victory.
We didn't dominate anything. Our defense was incredible. Our offense absolutely stunk.
You wanna argue with that, then look in the mirror and argue with yourself.
Dominated? You've got to be kidding.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
One thing that surprised me was their complete abandonment of Guice. Fournette has had no success in three years. Guice had a couple decent runs. Not saying it would have made a difference but Fournette definitely wasn't working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
We didn't dominate anything. Our defense was incredible. Our offense absolutely stunk.

They got into scoring position once. How is that not domination? I guess the 2011 BCSCG was not domination. :conf2:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
Somebody with a knowledgeable eye, when LSU's defense was making things tough on the line scrimmage, was it due to talent or was it due to the way they were attacking causing Bama's offensive linemen to miss assignments? Or maybe a numbers game with LSU putting more in the box?
LSU has really good athletes, and I think they studied a lot of film on the short stuff Kiffin likes to run and were playing to stop that. They always seemed to have an unblocked guy coming from some where, one side or the other. We probably should have just started running it a lot sooner.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Also I don't think our current fan base would've survived the Stallings era, haha.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
While this is true, the fact that you have to say this is pretty much our point. We can't rely on him to win games for us.
My 9 year old son was watching a football game with my dad and me last Saturday. The camera panned to the sideline where an assistant coach was chewing a player up one side and down the other for something. My son said "Why is he yelling at that player? They just out there to have fun." Without even hesitating my dad said "Son, they don't give out scholarships so they can have fun." Now my son had no clue what that meant but I think it applies here. I assume Griffith is on scholarship...

Last edited:

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I was frustrated for most of the night because we were dominating them but couldn't score. I wasn't ever worried, mind you. I knew we would win but sometimes I get so mad at our play calling. And then our defense goes on the field and I forget all about it. :)
I used to get very animated during football games and, despite believing in the team I would stress out about the win. These days I never worry about winning. It just happens one way or another.

Recently though I've got a friend who just heckles me with inane texts during the game about how whoever we are playing is going to win. Last game it was all about the refs being in Bama's back pocket. I try to ignore it but man does he know my buttons lol. I think that frustration may bleed through into my posts on here a little during the game. I hope not though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Have you seen the stats? They are what stats of a domination look like.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Didn't dominate anything? You also need to find a mirror. Bama's defense D-O-M-I-N-A-T-E-D.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.