Danny Kanell SMH (Iron Bowl comment)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

TAKEPRIDE22

2nd Team
Jul 21, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Bobby Petrino took a shot at Alabama tonight after their game. He said "Look at who Clemson's beat and look at who Alabama's beat. Why is Clemson not ranked number one?" LOL! Really Bobby? Really? LOL!
Ok...who has Clemson beat? Just because they beat your team and you're trying to give your team schedule some meat to it, doesn't mean they are or should be #1...smn

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I think some of the bigger media personalities are starting to tire of Kannell's act. In addition to Booger McFarland and Mike Golic calling out Kanell I read that Mike Greenberg called Kanell the biggest twitter troll of them all. I hope more personalities jump in this and expose Kanell for what he is..

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Every time I see / hear mention of this Potato Head, I am reminded of TideEngineer's poignant comment from earlier this year on a different thread...
LOL. I might just have to print off his face and put it on my punching bag for workout motivation. :biggrin:

Wilson Monroe

1st Team
Jul 19, 2016
It's all about markets and getting eyes on the screen. I imagine other team's fans love to hear how Bama, the gold standard, can fall to upcoming teams. If every ESPN personality just said Bama was the class of CFB and no one will probably beat them, casual fans would not be as excited about watching the opinion shows.

Kannell provides what the flagship needs to keep eyes on the screen. He irritates me and I do think he is an idiot, but he serves their purpose. He can say what they need, and is dumb enough to say it convincingly because he actually believes what comes out of his mouth. Useful idiot. He isn't going anywhere.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
That was not a great game from the offensive perspective though. LSU was forcing us to pass in ways we didn't really want to with our true freshman QB...so we didn't. If we wanted to pass over the middle of the field then there were things there but we didn't want to do that because we thought it was risky much as we have all season.

LSU's problem was inability. Our problem may be inability too but could just be an exceedingly safe passing plan with our true freshman quarterback.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Every time I see / hear mention of this Potato Head, I am reminded of TideEngineer's poignant comment from earlier this year on a different thread...

Unlike Potato-head Bobby, he is not a friend of mine.

(Yeah, another obscure reference, to see if '92 is awake today.)

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Before each of these games...
Ole Miss was supposed to be our kryptonite.
Tennessee had the defense and the clutch late-game offensive magic to beat us.
Texas A&M had the offense and the QB who had "cracked the code" on how to beat us.
LSU had the talent to match us in trenches and beat us.
That beat will go on and on...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.