2016 Week Eleven Gameweek (MSU) Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Wow, that little interview with Ryan Anderson is VERY impressive. He's got a great team first attitude and manages to field the typical inane media questions with composure, too.

#22 just became one of my favorite players.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Wow, that little interview with Ryan Anderson is VERY impressive. He's got a great team first attitude and manages to field the typical inane media questions with composure, too.

Just think how far he has come since he got here. Being the freshman LB that derailed Black's career with a cheapshot in practice to getting sent home from the 2012 national championship game. That's a lot maturing over the course of 4 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Didn't Saban have a team policy for years to not let underclassmen talk with the media? I seem to recall that was the case.

he must hold some of these younger guys in really, really high regard because he's had Minkah and Damien Harris do media interviews this year - both are very well spoken and Saban deviating from that policy has got to give some indication of what he thinks of them.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Didn't Saban have a team policy for years to not let underclassmen talk with the media? I seem to recall that was the case.

he must hold some of these younger guys in really, really high regard because he's had Minkah and Damien Harris do media interviews this year - both are very well spoken and Saban deviating from that policy has got to give some indication of what he thinks of them.
He did and still does but it applies to true freshmen only.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Averetts pass breakup while being pulled down was the best play I've seen from a DB all year. Everything was textbook.
agreed - without the OPI, Averett pulls that one down for the interception and his turn with the belt. He's the only starting DB without so far this year.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN

Folks, you need to watch this interview. If you don't watch the whole thing, watch right at 45 seconds. He explains the "hateful" nature Coach Saban says the defense plays with. It's hilarious.

Roll Tide, Ryan. Roll Tide.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Just think how far he has come since he got here. Being the freshman LB that derailed Black's career with a cheapshot in practice to getting sent home from the 2012 national championship game. That's a lot maturing over the course of 4 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
RA has surprised a lot of people - even some down here who know him personally.
One of his friends told me he's been shocked - the RA sent home from the bowl game was the one he knows, he takes plays off and wasn't consistent.
This friend (he's known RA since HS, played against him and ran around together) is really surprised he's doing this well. He's happy for him as a friend, but he's not a Bama fan.
His "growing up" is a big reason Bama is where they are right now.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Hope Bo is good to go. He's gaining a lot of steam right now.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
Yes. He's coming around at the perfect time. With him playing at a high level it'll be the 1-2 punch (with Harris) we want moving forward.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Tuesday, November 8 practice report

Al.com

Right guard Alphonse Taylor again wasn't present during the portion of Alabama's Tuesday practice that was open to the media.

Taylor hasn't played since suffering a concussion against Arkansas Oct. 8.

While Lester Cotton has started the last three games at right guard in place of Taylor, there was actually another player getting some reps as the first-team right guard during the media viewing period on Tuesday — redshirt sophomore Josh Casher.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.