The Donald Wins....now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
So, like it or not, we have a maverick in the Oval Office! So, he (or she!) who know most....what can we expect now?
Just a few things that Trump or Pence has promised.

Call the heads of companies like Pfizer, the Carrier Corp, Ford and Nabisco and warn them that their products face 35 % tariffs because they are moving jobs out of the country.

We're going to end the war on coal once and for all

Clean house at the Dept of Veteran Affairs.

Take steps to seal the southern border.

Stop the resettlement of Syrian refugees

Direct every agency in government to begin identifying all wasteful job-killing regulations, and they are going to be removed.

Repeal Obamacare.

Remove "criminal illegal immigrants" from the US on day one.

Going to repeal every single Obama executive order.

Just a few. Many more. I would expect something to be done on the Canada Pipeline

Last edited:

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I am both surprised and not surprised.

The dumbing down of America. Celebrity/reality show worship culture = this. This is just another step in the historical empire decline process (Hillary would have been as well but probably in a more controlled manner).

Add in a bit of the Democrats not really understanding that Clinton was a terrible choice rather than seemingly making her promises 8 years ago that she would be next on deck no matter what.

Hopefully the silver lining will be that the Obamacare garbage will actually go out the door but I have no faith in that until something concrete starts.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
I'm not surprised. I never subscribed to the poll results. It's almost as if the media was reporting on poll results that they wanted, instead of reality.

All you really ever had to do was talk to people. I've probably talked to 2 or 3 people this entire election that were Clinton supporters. But then again, I'm probably considered one of those deplorables so....that's probably the type of people I was consulting all this time also ;)

In the end, I don't think America was really left with much of a choice other than what we got.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Thought this was a pretty good statement even though I don't know much about this guy other than he's a Democrat. I'm no where close to PC but whitelash is a pretty accurate term for what I've seen around here. It is also just a backlash against status quo politics.

I feel like that the nation divide is going to deepen even more after this. It would be nice to start seeing politics going in the direction of bringing people back together after this but I have a feeling we're going to get the opposite.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I am both surprised and not surprised.

The dumbing down of America. Celebrity/reality show worship culture = this. This is just another step in the historical empire decline process (Hillary would have been as well but probably in a more controlled manner).

Add in a bit of the Democrats not really understanding that Clinton was a terrible choice rather than seemingly making her promises 8 years ago that she would be next on deck no matter what.

Hopefully the silver lining will be that the Obamacare garbage will actually go out the door but I have no faith in that until something concrete starts.
at this point, my biggest worry is that any aca replacement will not adequately deal with folks with pre-existing conditions.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I expect my retirement to evaporate in the next few weeks. Will it recover? I don't know. Maybe. But economically a terrible thing has happened..
You don't know that and neither does anybody else.

After all - Trump COULDN'T win, right?

But the hand-wringing now is somewhat amusing because I swear that I saw a meme on the morning after gay marriage (to give just the latest apocalyptic example used by people) that showed the sun rising the next morning.

Remember all those things Obama did that were going to 'wreck the economy?'

Did any of those ever actually happen? We're still here.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'll give you two right now:

1) the very same people who have spent the last six years snickering over the 'you can keep your own doctor' lie and all its appendages all of a sudden think honesty is a requirement in a President

2) and the very same people ticked off about that lie could care less about lying now.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Just a few things that Trump or Pence has promised.

Call the heads of companies like Pfizer, the Carrier Corp, Ford and Nabisco and warn them that their products face 35 % tariffs because they are moving jobs out of the country.

We're going to end the war on coal once and for all

Clean house at the Dept of Veteran Affairs.

Take steps to seal the southern border.

Stop the resettlement of Syrian refugees

Direct every agency in government to begin identifying all wasteful job-killing regulations, and they are going to be removed.

Repeal Obamacare.

Remove "criminal illegal immigrants" from the US on day one.

Going to repeal every single Obama executive order.

Just a few. Many more. I would expect something to be done on the Canada Pipeline
Damn good start.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Thought this was a pretty good statement even though I don't know much about this guy other than he's a Democrat.
He is a hard-core kook, borderline comm'nist. Why anyone (other than O'Dumbo) would listen to him for more than 5 uSec is unfathomable.

That is the nice synopsis.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Thought this was a pretty good statement even though I don't know much about this guy other than he's a Democrat. I'm no where close to PC but whitelash is a pretty accurate term for what I've seen around here. It is also just a backlash against status quo politics.

I feel like that the nation divide is going to deepen even more after this. It would be nice to start seeing politics going in the direction of bringing people back together after this but I have a feeling we're going to get the opposite.
Van Jones is a communist. I hope he soaks in it. This country has become more divided the last 8 years because of the man currently occupying the White House than in the previous 30 years. Obama has exploited racial tension and encouraged it. That crap is over now.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Remember all those things Obama did that were going to 'wreck the economy?'
Wreck may be a strong term but I know quite a few people who would say it's weaker than it should be. I'm not informed enough to go toe-to-toe on that side of the argument but I do know, despite whatever good ACA has done to those who were previously uninsured, many of my middle class counterparts have been hammered by it's effects. I did read in several places that the recession recovery was the slowest and weakest in U.S. history. Take with a grain of salt though. I'm interested in politics but not enough to attack or defend the details of specific current policy.:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.