The Donald Wins....now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Overnight the DOW futures were off over 800 points, so I can understand the worry that the market might tank today - yet it's had a solid day so far, currently up ~1.4% ( 255 points).
Yeah, I guess I can kinda see why someone might worry about short term fluctuations, but I do not understand how Trump is bad for the economy.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Yeah, I guess I can kinda see why someone might worry about short term fluctuations, but I do not understand how Trump is bad for the economy.
Well, according to the media Trump's never been good at anything.

I dunno, I suspect it's difficult to make and keep a billion or more dollars. I've currently no respect for the man, but I'd venture he's forgotten more about running a large business than I'll ever know.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Yah, lower taxes are good, but historically it's good for the economy, not charitable giving. At least that's what records tell us.
Calling the Government forcibly taking some of my money just to give it to someone else "charitable giving" is like calling it the same when someone points a gun at your head and demands your wallet. Both are stealing. The government just has a bigger and more powerful gun.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Hillary's concession speech has been great, very well done. Her call for conciliation is especially appreciated.
I'm glad she didn't speak like that before the election because she would have won.

Personally, I thought both her concession speech and Trump's victory speech were better than anything I heard them say before the election.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think a lot of people that Felt the Bern just stayed home or voted for Trump. Guess the DNC gets to look in the mirror for 4 years and do a little self reflection on how they handled things.
When 'the most experienced person ever' to seek the office loses to the absolute worst nominee in the 240-year history of this nation.....your party has some YUGE problems.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
A well thought out article - and if anyone wishes to go back and read on this thread, I made the 'cried wolf' point myself. Since 1968, the Democratic Party has pulled this nonsense, so much so that Wikipedia has a page on it.

1968 - Nixon had 'the Southern strategy' and appealed to racism!! Ask these morons: a) which states did he win and b) what were these racist tactics? The Southern strategy in 1968 was to try and figure out how to win the BORDER STATES because George Wallace was going to divide the vote by - wait for it - racism. Nixon finished third in MS-AL-LA, so tell me which states he won by nonexistent racist commercials? He actually won the border states (some of which he won as a running mate in 1952 and as the GOP nominee in 1960).....by picking Maryland governor Spiro Agnew as his running mate.

There was no 'racist Southern strategy.' It's a myth. And yet I'm told Nixon did it, Reagan did it, Bush did it (Willie Horton), and I was told very explicitly that Bush 43, McCain and Romney were all 'racists'

You spend almost 50 years lying to people about spooks that don't exist - you can't get upset when nobody believes you when the real spook shows up.

That young author is definitely right about that.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I am tired of hearing how we are sexist for not electing a woman. She only was in the race because of who her husband is. Using that logic you could say the DNC is anti-Semitic because they rigged it to keep a Jewish man from getting the nomination. All those people putting their "I Voted" sticker on Susan B. Anthony's grave might as well put them on the grave of Lurleen Wallace.
Well, remember how many of them wouldn't vote for McCain because he picked a woman - those are usually the loudest screamers.

And yet a person could be a non-liberal and have PLENTY of reason to NOT vote for a ticket with Palin on it for 100 reasons other than her gender.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
you are making my point for me

As are these guys...................

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...ichick-brady-brace-blowback-supporting-trump/

Imagine that.................blowback for supporting Drumpf. I missed the part about blowback for NBA players who supported Hitlery.

Such tolerance.................(should that be in blue?)

Edit: found one more.

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...ichicks-trump-endorsement-make-hate-patriots/

I'm so confused...................if I already hate the Patriots (because of where they are) does this mean I am now supposed to like them, to keep the universe in balance? I hope not.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
And spent double the money.Of course it wasn't theirs.
That is somewhat encouraging to me TGP. Vast sums of money didn't win the day. Jeb Bush had at least $150 million to start, much more than any other Repub, and he got no where. Money didn't mean victory, at least for Jeb and Hillary.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
On a side note, way to go Democrats. Great idea to change the % required to nominate a Supreme Court justice from 60% to 51%.
I think that "agreeement" stopped past the Circuit court level. The republicants need to return the favor. If they don't, well, they are a bunch of losers.

As for the Supreme Court.............

There is no specified number of justices spelled out anywhere. It can stay at 8, or go back to 9. The only requirement is the President makes the nomination, and the Senate advises and consents.

FDR tried to increase the number of justices, to further stack the Court. His own party had to tell him that was going a bit too far.

Should provide lots of entertainment, and rage. Probably on the part of both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.