The Donald Wins....now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I found myself blocking sites toward the end on a near daily basis. Most of the fake new had nothing to do with Russia. Remember the guy who makes 10k/month writing fake news? Is Russia happy? They seem to be, but that's not evidence of their involvement.
I wonder if Russia likes the political turmoil more than which particular individual is president. Dems seem to be playing right into their hands.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Yep, I saw fake "news" on Facebook -- "news" intended to draw clicks I assume. Whenever I saw something out of left field, too good to be true, or simply far-fetched, I would check all the major news outlets to see what was being reported.
Many people sadly don't bother to do that.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/25/opinions/new-pc-should-include-white-people-mcwhorter/index.html

"But we cannot make more than a hyper-educated sliver of white Americans see those facts as justifying a contemptuous view of themselves, or as justifying submitting black people to different standards of morality and expectation. How do I know? Donald Trump is our next president. We need new tactics."

Not to be the "white savior" here, Mr. McWhorter (just relating the view from my eyes), but your whole problem is that you have been focused on brainwashing a few susceptible pseudo-educated elitist-wannabe's into holding themselves in contempt because they were born "white" and into applying different standards of morality and expectations to black people. Why should anyone hold himself in contempt just for being born of a certain "race"? That is literally what you are admitting to. And that is without doubt a bigoted race-based prejudicial view. And that is why you lost and will continue to lose until you do change. And frankly, that's not on white people for rejecting your bigotry, it's on you for believing and touting it, for thinking in the middle of your self-serving echo chamber that it would ever in a million years work. But let's forget whether it would work or not for a moment. That you would push such an agenda is morally reprehensible. That you can admit to it without fear of repercussions is telling. That you see it as a failure of tactics alone and not of morality and reason is also telling. And the fact that you can't see why such a strategy distracts from any real and substantial change in government policy shows your lack of situational awareness. Yeah, it's time for a change of tactics, but it's also time for a change in your heart and mind before you come up with another BS "tactic" that backfires and blows up in your face.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
BREAKING

POLITICS
NOV 25 2016, 6:56 PM ET

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/jill-stein-submits-presidential-recount-petition-wisconsin-n688316

Election Recount to Begin in Wisconsin Following Green Party Petition, Officials Say

Wisconsin accepted Green Party presidential nominee Jill Stein's petition for a statewide recount of votes for President of the United States, state officials said Friday. The recount is expected to begin late next week.
"The Commission is preparing to move forward with a statewide recount of votes for President of the United States, as requested by these candidates," Wisconsin Election Commission's Administrator Michael Haas said in a statement.

The other two states are Michigan, where NBC News has yet to officially call a winner, and Pennsylvania.

Could get interesting!!

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Teen who claimed Trump supporters removed her hijab arrested for filing false report.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/1...l-who-claimed-attack-by-trump-supporters.html

New York City college student Yasmin Seweid who claimed to be the victim of a hate crime by Trump supporters is under arrest and charged with filing a false report, a police source told The New York Daily News. The 18-year-old Seweid caused quite the media stir with her sensationalized account of Trump supporters attacking her on the subway. She claimed three men attempted to pull off her hijab while calling her a terrorist and yelling Trump’s name. All this happened, she said, while New Yorkers sat idly by and watched her get assaulted.
The police source told The News that police gave Seweid numerous opportunities to recant her story but she kept sticking to it. Finally, on Wednesday, she admitted she made the whole thing up, citing “family problems.”

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I heard an interesting and probably correct assessment today:
Trump supporters took his statements seriously but not literally
Trump detractors his statements literally but not seriously.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I heard an interesting and probably correct assessment today:
Trump supporters took his statements seriously but not literally
Trump detractors his statements literally but not seriously.
I agree with that assessment. Detractors were distracted by the messenger and missed the message.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
yes, they were distracted by the messenger, but the message was and is loud and clear.
Debbie Mills, a Trump voter from Kentucky whose husband's liver is failing and needs a transplant to survive, probably should have taken him more literally. She could never afford insurance before the ACA.

Byrd Pinkerton: Leading up to November 8, were you weighing the pros and cons of each candidate? Did you talk about Trump's position on the Affordable Care Act at all?

Debbie Mills: We would watch the debates and stuff every night. But we didn't really talk about the health care that much, even though it now is a major player in our life.

Sarah Kliff: Are you surprised how much Republicans are talking about repeal?

Debbie Mills: No.

Sarah Kliff: Did you expect — do you think they'll do it, or do you think it'll be too hard?

Debbie Mills: I'm hoping that they don't, ’cause, I mean, what would they do then? Would this go away? I mean, I mean, will the insurance? It will go away?

Sarah Kliff: It will go, if they repeal it. I mean, it’ll … that's what they promised to do in so many elections.

Debbie Mills: Right, so, I don't know … I don't know what we'll do if it does go away.

Sarah Kliff: Do you think if it does go away, you'll regret your vote in any way? Thinking, “I voted for this person who took away my health insurance.” Or … it's like, that's one of so many things, like you said, jobs, the economy?

Debbie Mills: I don't know. I guess I thought that, you know, he would not do this. That they would not do this, would not take the insurance away. Knowing that it's affecting so many people’s lives. I mean, what are you to do then if you cannot … purchase, cannot pay for the insurance?

You know, what are we to do?

So I don't know. Maybe he's thinking about, you know, the little people that are not making the big money, like what they make in New York and Washington and all the places that, you know, this is not, you know, something — this is people’s lives that's being affected.

Byrd Pinkerton: Yeah. Going into it, did you hear him talking about his health care promises, or was it not something that came up in his ads or debates for you?

Debbie Mills: Um, no, I guess we really didn't think about that, that he was going to cancel that or change that or take it away. I guess I always just thought that it would be there. I was thinking that once it was made into a law that it could not be changed, but I guess it can? Yes?

Sarah Kliff: It can be changed.

Debbie Mills: Okay.
Link

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Debbie Mills, a Trump voter from Kentucky whose husband's liver is failing and needs a transplant to survive, probably should have taken him more literally. She could never afford insurance before the ACA.

Link
no worries, after a few savvy deals, health insurance for those with pre-existing conditions will be even better and cheaper. it will be available right after all of those high-paying coal mining and steel mill jobs are returned.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
The ACA hasn't exactly been a panacea. Evaluating and addressing some of the current regulations would go a long way towards making health insurance less expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.