Link: Brian Kelly: Saban practicing with ex-pro players is “ludicrous” / Meyer response

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Re: Brian Kelly: Saban practicing with pro players is “ludicrous” / Urban Meyer respo

Urban Meyer might get in trouble because after the first practice Hartline tweeted that he was going to be back for another practice. He shouldn't have done that because that could be considered announcing ahead of time.
Another example of the NCAA being a horse's patoot!

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Re: Brian Kelly: Saban practicing with pro players is “ludicrous” / Urban Meyer respo

Urban Meyer might get in trouble because after the first practice Hartline tweeted that he was going to be back for another practice. He shouldn't have done that because that could be considered announcing ahead of time.
I read that story too. That's about as nit-picky as it gets.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA

I read that story too. That's about as nit-picky as it gets.
Agree. I think that was probably just an opinion of a sportswriter. I should have taken it with a grain of salt. Lets look at the rule: "A former student at the certifying institution (e.g., former student-athlete) may participate in an organized practice session on an occasional basis, provided the institution does not publicize the participation of the former student at any time before the practice session."

I think the key word is "institution". Hartline himself tweeted he would participate in the next day's practice, then deleted the post. It was not Meyer or the university itself who publicized it. IMO the NCAA does not have enough justification to penalize Meyer or OSU.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
If he took down his tweet, it was likely at Meyer's request. So OSU seems to be following the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barrytide

BamaNation Citizen
May 3, 2011
Havana,IL

I would have to say anything that Brian Kelly has a problem with is probably a good thing to do.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

that made me go watch the first few minutes of the bcscg vs the domers. their defense was so excited after the first play from scrimmage.
Yup..That game was over before our Boy's ever hit the field..I honestly think The Iris lost the will to play, as they saw what they were about to go to war with in the NC Game, as our Player's passed before them going to the football field..

I was worried for the well being of The Iris players just looking at the size difference of the two teams in The Tunnel..

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

Yup..That game was over before our Boy's ever hit the field..I honestly think The Iris lost the will to play, as they saw what they were about to go to war with in the NC Game, as our Player's passed before them going to the football field..

I was worried for the well being of The Iris players just looking at the size difference of the two teams in The Tunnel..

when lacy went off in a game, he's one of the best i've ever seen

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

I'm glad I decided to go to the SECCG over the BCSCG because that SECCG was one of the best games I've been to

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

I'm glad I decided to go to the SECCG over the BCSCG because that SECCG was one of the best games I've been to
While the SECCG game was the better game as far as coming down to the last play, being at the BCSCG was amazing.... Before the game the ND fans were cocky and obnoxious. Folks parked next to us arrived in a giant van, had a sweet set up with TV's, and all. They were trash talking all afternoon, asked us where we were gonna live once we lost since they were sure we sold our double wide and spent our welfare check getting there.

After the game they high tailed out quickly leaving busted tables, smashed bottles and their TV was in about 30 pieces. Guys parked in the lot told us they knew the game was over at halftime and came back out to tailgate and the idiots came out early Q4, and just started trashing their stuff.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

As good as Mark, Trent, and Henry were, none of them were as dominate as Lacy when he got healthy in second half of the 2012 season.
Yet more proof that sometimes a guy needs a little extra time to develop but that patience can pay off big for those willing to work and earn their way. You don't become the best by being given anything. You have to work for it and earn it. If you get what you want just because then you don't grow, develop, improve.

(nothing here should be interpreted as disparaging anyone not named Lacy - stated only because some knucklehead would think it was implied if not directly stated otherwise)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.