Game Thread: Deep South's Oldest Rivalry: Barn @ UGA

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
That our coaches have no confidence in our backups. JF3 throws like a WR trying to play QB. JJ has major confidence issues. Let's hope Woody Barrett comes far enough to be an effective backup next year or we pick up Stidham.

I was at the "throw crap at the wall and see what sticks" stage. Something to get a spark. I like Sean and think he can win games for us with his arm, but not if it's about to fall off.
The fact Auburn's longest drive in the second half was only 8 yards made my buddy furious.

You're right. They had to do something to try to get a spark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
The fact Auburn's longest drive in the second half was only 8 yards made my buddy furious.

You're right. They had to do something to try to get a spark.
Thankfully, my wife and kids were out and about when we came out to start the third and threw it three straight downs, culminating in UGA's only TD of the game. My dog still hasn't forgiven me. I'm calm here in internet land, I was furious IRL.

DocCrimson

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2010
East TN
Thankfully, my wife and kids were out and about when we came out to start the third and threw it three straight downs, culminating in UGA's only TD of the game. My dog still hasn't forgiven me. I'm calm here in internet land, I was furious IRL.
Just going to go ahead and say it again since this it might be warranted in this thread. I enjoy having you around on this board. I am sure it can suck being held to a higher standard of behavior than us Bama fans, but you do it well... especially for a Barner. ;-) (and just to re-emphasize the blue font, I'm kidding about that part)

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Just going to go ahead and say it again since this it might be warranted in this thread. I enjoy having you around on this board. I am sure it can suck being held to a higher standard of behavior than us Bama fans, but you do it well... especially for a Barner. ;-) (and just to re-emphasize the blue font, I'm kidding about that part)
Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot. Truly.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This. Dig having you here, AUDub.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
What is most amazing is Aubarn had the number one rushing team in the SEC. But they did not get ONE single first down in the 2nd half against UGA. I hate to even say this but the Aubarn fans might be right they need a new coach.

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
What is most amazing is Aubarn had the number one rushing team in the SEC. But they did not get ONE single first down in the 2nd half against UGA. I hate to even say this but the Aubarn fans might be right they need a new coach.
The more I think about it, the more I believe circumstance forced our hand. Pettway out. Kerryon hurt. Truitt hurt. Chandler Cox (H/FB) hurt. We're thin in the backfield as it is and those guys getting hurt crippled our run game. Contrary to popular belief, you can't just plug someone in back there and expect to be successful running the ball.

Just wish he would have tried something with JF3 to spark things, especially since we weren't going to be able to move the ball through the air with Sean playing injured. Gus had a very bad day, but I'm not ready to hop back on the "fire him!" wagon just yet.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
The more I think about it, the more I believe circumstance forced our hand. Pettway out. Kerryon hurt. Truitt hurt. Chandler Cox (H/FB) hurt. We're thin in the backfield as it is and those guys getting hurt crippled our run game. Contrary to popular belief, you can't just plug someone in back there and expect to be successful running the ball.

Just wish he would have tried something with JF3 to spark things, especially since we weren't going to be able to move the ball through the air with Sean playing injured. Gus had a very bad day, but I'm not ready to hop back on the "fire him!" wagon just yet.
Like you and I said earlier, have to do something else to get a spark for the offense. With Sean not practicing for two weeks straight, did Gus and Rhett not have something else in mind? Not like the injuries you mentioned all happened in the first quarter. That would be understandable. At least Sean and Pettway were known to fans and the media.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Like you and I said earlier, have to do something else to get a spark for the offense. With Sean not practicing for two weeks straight, did Gus and Rhett not have something else in mind? Not like the injuries you mentioned all happened in the first quarter. That would be understandable. At least Sean and Pettway were known to fans and the media.

Hopefully they will all be well in two weeks. No excuses.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
That our coaches have no confidence in our backups. JF3 throws like a WR trying to play QB. JJ has major confidence issues. Let's hope Woody Barrett comes far enough to be an effective backup next year or we pick up Stidham.

I was at the "throw crap at the wall and see what sticks" stage. Something to get a spark. I like Sean and think he can win games for us with his arm, but not if it's about to fall off.
I do see this side of it, but part of me thinks that Gus didn't put Franklin to not give Saban et al. anymore film to prep for the Iron Bowl.

JF coming in may have hurt more. They were really keying in on the run. I don't think AUs staff had faith in him to deliver.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My brother and I headed home from BDS, stopped at Anthony's for a pizza, headed out of town. Naturally, I chose what has to be the ONLY restaurant in T-Town without a TV on game day. I got back to Columbus (MS) and had to stop by the mall. I did quick check of the score and UGA led, 10-7.

Leaving the Wal-Mart, my other brother (the New England news producer) texts me and asks if I'm watching Auburn-UGA. I roll my eyes and it turns out my GameCast is about seven minutes of GAME TIME behind reality. So I call him and he gives me play by play. When Auburn held UGA to a field goal to make it 13-7, I said, "Now you just watch - they're gonna win on something insane."

Right down to potential clock botchery at the end, I was convinced Auburn would win. Seen the same movie too many times. And I think had it been in JHS, they would have.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

didn't jf3 get in for a play or two in the first half?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.