Game Thread: Pitt vs. Clemson

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Dabo trying to win the Heisman for his QB instead of the game cost him last night. No power conference team should be throwing the ball 70 times.
I think one factor contributing to the passing stats for Clemson is that Watson really couldn't run due to injury, plus rush defense was the stronger element of the Pitt D.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I put this here because I don't want to give it it's own thread. Again, I dislike swinney and hope he never coaches at Bama in the future.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I put this here because I don't want to give it it's own thread. Again, I dislike swinney and hope he never coaches at Bama in the future.

Honestly, how is that any different than Saban saying that it is easy to get complacent after you win it all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Honestly, how is that any different than Saban saying that it is easy to get complacent after you win it all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because words have meaning. Complacent means that people were lazy, had no drive, focus, motivation.

I see Bama players after the game very happy that they won. Celebrating. Then talking about the ways they need to focus, to get better.

So there you have a lack of complacency and an appreciation for winning.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Because words have meaning. Complacent means that people were lazy, had no drive, focus, motivation.

I see Bama players after the game very happy that they won. Celebrating. Then talking about the ways they need to focus, to get better.

So there you have a lack of complacency and an appreciation for winning.
Saban never said this of the team, but he certainly said that Alabama fans didn't properly appreciate what was happening at Alabama.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Saban never said this of the team, but he certainly said that Alabama fans didn't properly appreciate what was happening at Alabama.
And still don't really appreciate that. The Stadium should've been packed and sold out for the game against MSU and it wasn't. But the Auburn game will be sold out.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm watching this right now. So far, the announcers literally give Pitt zero chance.

On the first drive, Pitt had two shuffle passes that worked great, a downfield post designed play, and a couple of runs where the defense over pursued.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Pitt's QB keeps faking runs and hitting receivers on short outs. Number 42 bites on the fake every time so far and it opens up.

Pitt's D is also VERY small comparably speaking. Pitt is using a LOT of misdirection and moving 4-5 players from one side to the other.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Pitt's QB keeps faking runs and hitting receivers on short outs. Number 42 bites on the fake every time so far and it opens up.

Pitt's D is also VERY small comparably speaking. Pitt is using a LOT of misdirection and moving 4-5 players from one side to the other.
I saw someone else specifically reference Clemons tendency to over pursue this season. But I have to say, I would imagine they'd fix it by Monday

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I saw someone else specifically reference Clemons tendency to over pursue this season. But I have to say, I would imagine they'd fix it by Monday
In the weaknesses thread I said this:

Aggressiveness can potentially be attacked by misdirection and screens - perhaps on the same play. They flow to the ball well but backside contain is vulnerable, IMHO.

This is a difficult to overcome tendency at this point. If they do manage to pull it off it will just open another opportunity for an in-game adjustment and I imagine we'll have one or two plays dialed up for just that. I imagine it might allow more time for a long ball on a RPO, for instance.

Also: https://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279462&p=2962126&viewfull=1#post2962126

But I am far from the only person to see this.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.