CFP chaos: Who's your top 4 now?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
But....but......but......Lamar Jackson is in the mold of what Alabama has trouble with......a hot, mobile quarterback like Cam Newton, Tim Tebow, Johnny Manziel, Nick Marshall blah blah blah

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Alabama is in regardless - as we all know (barring a monumental crapfest of losing twice, which won't happen).

Ohio State would be in.

In that scenario, I think one-loss Washington likely makes it because they will have beaten Wazzu and (probably) Colorado.

And probably Penn State.

I'll be honest - the ONLY reason I hope for two teams from one conference in the playoff is so I can quote all you "they're making sure this never happens" folks. Realize - it's about the $$$$ and the money draw gets selected. It would be VERY difficult to leave out a B1G champion that beat Ohio State head-to-head, esp with all the two-loss teams.

In the end, I doubt it matters, because I do honestly feel at this point the committee is playing, "Let's see who Alabama gets to kill."
But if you are talking about $$$ argument, in which we are both in complete agreement on, then Oklahoma would be in over PSU.

It would be:

Bama vs Oklahoma in the peach

Tosu vs Washington in the fiesta

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
But if you are talking about $$$ argument, in which we are both in complete agreement on, then Oklahoma would be in over PSU.

It would be:

Bama vs Oklahoma in the peach

Tosu vs Washington in the fiesta
Yeah I know, and it's a farce. Of course.......they probably don't want Penn State in there for......shall we say......OTHER reasons (namely - what the story would be about the resurrection of the program after.....you know)

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
I would think Washington should get in over Louisville. Washington has had one bad game. Louisville has had at least 3. Both have one loss. Louisville's just looks a little better. That being said, they're not that far apart IMO.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yeah I know, and it's a farce. Of course.......they probably don't want Penn State in there for......shall we say......OTHER reasons (namely - what the story would be about the resurrection of the program after.....you know)
I'm pretty much hoping for PSU to win the big 10 to see if they allow the clearly better team (tosu... Yes I'm aware that PSU beat them, but do you really believe they are better than tosu), or the big 10 champ in. To Oklahoma's defense they did lose to tosu, and Houston. Out of the 2 loss teams they have the best 2, but they need help

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.