Marlon Humphrey production

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
We don't see Marlon thrown on a lot. One would assume he's got good blanket coverage keeping the ball from coming his way. Every now and then you see him give up a play. I just wonder how he's been grading out.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm assuming you're asking this about his draft grade? Nothing official but CBS sports has him in the first round. Usually most of these mock drafts have been way off as of late so I wouldn't be surprised if he's grading out in the 2nd round ... which may be enough for him to stay one more year to be an assured top 10 pick.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
To me he has made maybe the most mistakes on a defense that makes very little. Called for interference a good bit, beaten a good bit. Not a ton but not a first or second round pick. He hasn't done a great job finding the ball in the air. But he is very physical which has been good.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Man, this has been brought up many time throughout the season. He was fighting an injury and finally got over it... and He has performed better overrall in last three games. So what he gives up 1 or 2 passes.... he still get the job done. I don't think he will be back next year, regardless of what anyone says about his production. NFL probably will see something in him that most of us haven't seen.. So I am okay with him potentially leaving the team after this season.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
To me he has made maybe the most mistakes on a defense that makes very little. Called for interference a good bit, beaten a good bit. Not a ton but not a first or second round pick. He hasn't done a great job finding the ball in the air. But he is very physical which has been good.
I would argue the same for Harrison/ Jones/ Brown. They've had their moments as well.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Didn't say I wasn't ok with him leaving. No need to rant like I started the thread. It's a very educated opinion/observation. Let's just see how he finishes but I do think he is probably gone no matter what happens.

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Your first line comes off like man we're really talking about this again.. But if that is not what you meant cool haha he has done better but the passing game for the last few games have also been worse. Don't get me wrong he is a great player just room for improvement. Like Harrison and his crossing rout coverage skills(what were impressive against lsu) improved.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I was saying that this has been brought up so many times on this board, that's all. All I was saying is that people just need to understand that even through he gives up plays time to time, he actually only gave up 2 touchdowns for this year. When you look at the stats: https://media.profootballfocus.com/2016/11/Humphrey.png

So I feel like he's improving since Arkansas game. I expect him to be lot better this weekend and next weekend and then first half stats won't matter anyway. I have a feeling that we'll find out the true reason behind his performance soon.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I took some heat because I said he was better than Tony Brown out of h.s., but that is a good problem to have....lol

He's definitely a first rounder, but I think he stays another year and is then a first rounder.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
if being a number one round pick than possibly a second round then staying will be worth his wait.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
I wouldnt be shocked if he left because he could be at worst a 2nd rounder based on potential. but he needs more time before he tries to run with the NFL. He'd get killed by NFL WR's..As good as some of our best CB's have been in college under Saban, none have duplicated that same success in the NFL. Not saying Marlon wont but its not as easy as some think.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.