2016 Week Twelve Gameweek (UTC) Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban presser upcoming. Be prepared for an unbelievable amount of "better than you think" and "really playing their best ball of the year."

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This presser is rated not safe for media. High potential for rants and general hostility towards assumptions made regarding the quality of the opponent.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban: "Special teams-wise, there are definitely areas we need to improve on that we need to work on this week."
Saban: This week it's the old Shawshank saying "You're either busy living or busy dying."
Saban: Chattanooga is a well-coached team. One of the top teams in their division. 14 starters from last year's team.
Saban on Josh Jacobs: "I really thought he looked like his old self in this last game and was really productive."
Saban on margin of victory: "I've heard people on the committee that it's not a factor, ... and I don't think it should be considered."
Saban on Kirven & Casher at RG: "I thought they both played well in the game. So we'll continue to give them work and reps there."
Saban on the message to his team following the losses of No. 2, 3, 4: When you win, you control your own destiny.
Saban on Alphonse Taylor: I think that's a medical decision. I'm not assuming he's going to come back. I don't think he will.
Saban on Bo Scarbourgh: He has a sprained knee. He just have to go back out there and get his conditioning.
Saban on winning in November: Players need to have a big focus on what they need to do right now.
Saban on Tony Brown: He had a nice game. There's certainly things he can improve upon.

Last edited:

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Saban: "Special teams-wise, there are definitely areas we need to improve on that we need to work on this week."
Saban: This week it's the old Shawshank saying "You're either busy living or busy dying."
Saban: Chattanooga is a well-coached team. One of the top teams in their division. 14 starters from last year's team.
Saban on Josh Jacobs: "I really thought he looked like his old self in this last game and was really productive."
Saban on margin of victory: "I've heard people on the committee that it's not a factor, ... and I don't think it should be considered."
Saban on Kirven & Casher at RG: "I thought they both played well in the game. So we'll continue to give them work and reps there."
Saban on the message to his team following the losses of No. 2, 3, 4: When you win, you control your own destiny.
Saban on Alphonse Taylor: I think that's a medical decision. I'm not assuming he's going to come back. I don't think he will.
Saban on Bo Scarbourgh: He has a sprained knee. He just have to go back out there and get his conditioning.
Saban on winning in November: Players need to have a big focus on what they need to do right now.
Saban on Tony Brown: He had a nice game. There's certainly things he can improve upon.

I was afraid of that with Taylor. Taking more than a couple weeks to get cleared and having had at least one before was a bad sign. I'm praying that there are no long term lingering effect on his health and future outside of football.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Might give a little insight as to who was at fault for the INT. Jalen's throw and Stewart's route weren't very close, so it's hard to tell who was at fault.
Hurts wins offensive player of the week for the entire SEC, and half of his stats went to Stewart. This is an absurd oversight. Seriously, Howard over Stewart? Bad call.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This presser is rated not safe for media. High potential for rants and general hostility towards assumptions made regarding the quality of the opponent.
Media is beat down. They didn't even mention the Mocs. :biggrin:

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Hurts wins offensive player of the week for the entire SEC, and half of his stats went to Stewart. This is an absurd oversight. Seriously, Howard over Stewart? Bad call.
Stewart's long touchdown was sprung by a key block by Howard at the line of scrimmage. But I still don't see how Stewart doesn't get recognized this week.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Ardarius is having a great year. He's starting to have that unstoppable look about him. Methinks there will be other player of the week opportunities for him.

Coach did allude to Stewart being at fault on that INT. Said he was suppose to go in front of the CB and did not. That's why it looked as badly as he did.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Uh OJ graded out at 89.5 last Saturday. The highest of anyone on the field. Not saying that's what they use but Bozeman, Dalvin, Payne also graded out 80+. My point is that stats aren't the sole factor in making that list. Frankly I bet AS is cool with just toting that ax around :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I believe the awards are given based on each player's grade from the grade. Coaches tend to select the top player from each position group, but sometimes they go with multiple players at the same position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.