2016 Week Twelve Gameweek (UTC) Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yep - I think that he is protecting his freshman QB. Yeah, Stewart probably ran the wrong route. But the DB did not cut him off, and that pass was in trouble no matter what Stewart did. That is the straight truth.
No disrespect intended but I am going to trust Coach Saban is right about the route and telling the truth. Not sure why you would argue otherwise other than you wanting to be right.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
No disrespect intended but I am going to trust Coach Saban is right about the route and telling the truth. Not sure why you would argue otherwise other than you wanting to be right.
Stewart ran the wrong route. if he had cut inside like he was supposed to, that's a 1st down play easily.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Just for your information:
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/11/ardarius_stewart_has_breakout.html

The problem? Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts thought Stewart was going to cut in front of the Mississippi State defender. Instead, Stewart went behind him and continued running upfield.
The miscommunication led to an ugly interception that the defensive back caught like he was fielding a punt. It also led to Hurts and Stewart having a conversation on the sideline.
"I was telling him that he should have thrown it deeper," Stewart said. "He was telling me that I need to cut my route off a little bit. But we finally got in the middle and said, 'If we're even (with the defensive back), we're leavin'. That's all we need to know, and we got that together."

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
Either way, it was a miscommunication. I don't think it was necessarily someone was running the wrong play. It seems like there are options for the route based off of the action of the defender. They weren't on the same page based on the defensive look. Coach Saban stated that in that situation Stewart should have cut in instead of going deep. Passing game is a work in progress. That's why they were working on it in live game action. They'll be on the same page the next time. Roll Tide!!!

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This Korren Kirven stuff seems to be very similar to the moves we made late in 2011 with Alfred McCullough at RG. Both have moved around position to position across the offense and defense. Each time, the move kinda came out of nowhere.

Gotta wonder if they're looking for some more physicality out there...

That was probably the best move mid season I have ever seen the coaching staff make.
This Korren Kirven stuff seems to be very similar to the moves we made late in 2011 with Alfred McCullough at RG. Both have moved around position to position across the offense and defense. Each time, the move kinda came out of nowhere.

Gotta wonder if they're looking for some more physicality out there...

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
"He was telling me that I need to cut my route off a little bit. But we finally got in the middle and said, 'If we're even (with the defensive back), we're leavin'.

I don't know about y'all, but I love that quote :BigA:

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
"He was telling me that I need to cut my route off a little bit. But we finally got in the middle and said, 'If we're even (with the defensive back), we're leavin'.

I don't know about y'all, but I love that quote :BigA:
I do love it, and I think that was the read system last year with Jake Coker. If Calvin or Ardarius saw they could get a step on a DB, then they went deep and Jake threw it out there. Krymsonman

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.