Michigan qb out for season

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Just watched the last few minutes of the game and starting around 3:30 of the game you can tell he was hurt. This may come back to bite Harbaugh as he put him back in knowing he was hurt.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
It says "...remainder of the regular season." Are they saying he could be back for the playoffs (if they make it)? Can you recover from a collarbone that quickly?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just watched the last few minutes of the game and starting around 3:30 of the game you can tell he was hurt. This may come back to bite Harbaugh as he put him back in knowing he was hurt.
I agree - I told my wife that he had broken his collar bone when it happened. I was shocked when Harbaugh sent him back out. Hate it for Speight, but he wasn't going to make a difference in a tough game. He was a game manager, not a difference maker.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It says "...remainder of the regular season." Are they saying he could be back for the playoffs (if they make it)? Can you recover from a collarbone that quickly?
Maybe, but also consider that the committee would consider something like this. Loss of a key player that might return for the playoff is something that they have talked about in the past. So, even if the chance of his return is low, Harbaugh is going to want the playoff committee to think that he will be back.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
When the new wears off Harbaugh with the Michigan folks his stint there will go the way of his stint at San Francisco. They didn't care whether he could get them to the superbowl or not. They wanted him gone that bad. He's an unbearable person to work with.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I thought they would win anyway, but this just means OSU is REALLY going to crush Michigan.

As I said about Harbaugh earlier this year, it's bad when you are able to make a person like Urban Meyer over you.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
When the new wears off Harbaugh with the Michigan folks his stint there will go the way of his stint at San Francisco. They didn't care whether he could get them to the superbowl or not. They wanted him gone that bad. He's an unbearable person to work with.
As a 49er fan, I can tell you with certainty that his players loved him. And the people who couldn't stand working with him are the problem. Most con artists don't like being around people who can see through them. Harbaugh saw right through Baalke. Jed & his mom (the owners) have yet to and don't seem like they want to.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
If they do, it will hurt their defense. He is, far and away, their best defensive player.
Saturday night was the first time I actually sat and WATCHED Michigan play. They didn't look particularly impressive at all and this was before the injury to the QB. How have they been beating some of these teams by 40+ pts? Did I just catch them on an off night or are they a bit overrated?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
If they do, it will hurt their defense. He is, far and away, their best defensive player.
From what I saw, he is the only difference maker on the team, with Butt being a close second. Although, Butt's production is dependent upon competent QB play.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Saturday night was the first time I actually sat and WATCHED Michigan play. They didn't look particularly impressive at all and this was before the injury to the QB. How have they been beating some of these teams by 40+ pts? Did I just catch them on an off night or are they a bit overrated?
IMO, they haven't played anyone except Colorado, Wisconsin, and Penn State. Well, they played Colorado and Penn State early on before they started coming together. And they only beat Wisconsin by 7 at home.

Other than woeful Rutgers, they did not leave the state of Michigan until last week.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They have played 2 teams with a pulse on defense and struggled offensively in both games. Their offense is bad.

Defensively, they are pretty solid. They are similar to LSU defensively. Same strengths and weaknesses. If you play them, run between the tackles. That is their weakness.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
As a 49er fan, I can tell you with certainty that his players loved him. And the people who couldn't stand working with him are the problem. Most con artists don't like being around people who can see through them. Harbaugh saw right through Baalke. Jed & his mom (the owners) have yet to and don't seem like they want to.
I can't argue with any of this. I'm not a Niner fan and do not keep up with them at all. I am just going by what started leaking out after he left from the reporters of the NFL Network. I also (maybe mistakenly) pieced together his train wreck of an interview with Colin Cowerd and then took testimonials from his brother and his wife about some of his "odd" behavior. Goes to show there's two sides to every story. Thanks for the correction.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.