The Brothers Tagovailoa

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I don't think it's wrong to assume that LSU SUDDENLY offered a QB recruit that Lane was recruiting to be just coincidental either I suppose.
Personally, I think the flare would go in the air re: CLK to LSU if Tua were to decommit and schedule a visit to LSU. Just the fact in and of itself that LSU may have offered him a scholarship, while interesting, is not cause for concern, IMHO.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Tosh recruited Tua period. Lane doesn't have any bearing on what he's going to do. Lane may end up somewhere else likely Houston or Oregon as the head coach. (IMO those are the best fits for him) Coach o is also ....ing off their two an recruits to try to tell everyone he believes lane is coming. That's what he told their ad to get the job. Coach o will ruin lsu just like he did ole .... years ago with no discipline. He's a good motivator and position coach.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
LSU has just had Miles Brennan decommit from them after the news of offering Tua. Hilarious it's cost them a QB when they don't have a chance with him.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
LSU has just had Miles Brennan decommit from them after the news of offering Tua. Hilarious it's cost them a QB when they don't have a chance with him.
That is just so much craziness !! Then again, when I remember my time with those folks over there, I have to say to myself, " Are you really that surprised ? " Living in Louisiana amongst the Whos is many things, one of which is not boring!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Brennan is a PRO style QB and I believe the de-commit is LSWho's request. Coach O said he is wanting dual threat QB's and Brennan does not fit that mold.

Brennan has gotten a ton of CB's to Okie State yesterday and today.

Last edited:

UAB-CT

All-SEC
Mar 4, 2005
Northport, AL
Tosh recruited Tua period. Lane doesn't have any bearing on what he's going to do. Lane may end up somewhere else likely Houston or Oregon as the head coach. (IMO those are the best fits for him) Coach o is also ....ing off their two an recruits to try to tell everyone he believes lane is coming. That's what he told their ad to get the job. Coach o will ruin lsu just like he did ole .... years ago with no discipline. He's a good motivator and position coach.
I agree 100% with you. I've been a member of tidefans for awhile now and don't post that often but I've enjoyed reading your posts over the years. You seem to be very knowledgeable and passionate about all things Bama, in particular recruiting. So thank you for your insight. OTOH I don't think there's anything that will keep Lane at Bama unless there's no place else for him to go. I think he has a huge ego and wants more control. He's an excellent OC and I think he feels handcuffed under CNS. I appreciate everything he's done for Bama, it's been fun watching him resurrect his career and in a way I think he was a good side project for Saban. If he stays then I'll eat my words BUT I think CNS already has his next project hired in Sarkesian.

Last edited:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I agree 100% with you. I've been a member of tidefans for awhile now and don't post that often but I've enjoyed reading your posts over the years. You seem to be very knowledgeable and passionate about all things Bama, in particular recruiting. So thank you for your insight. OTOH I don't think there's anything that will keep Lane at Bama unless there's no place else for him to go. I think he has a huge ego and wants more control. He's an excellent OC and I think he feels handcuffed under CNS. I appreciate everything he's done for Bama, it's been fun watching him resurrect his career and in a way I think he was a good side project for Saban. If he stays then I'll eat my words BUT I think CNS already has his next project hired in Sarkesian.
I didn't mean for it to sound like LK was staying. From what I've heard tonight he's gone as early as Sunday morning. Sark is the next on line and one hell of a oc that will fit what we like actually better in the physicality department of a game. He's been really really involved all year and imo does a better job with qbs than lk does. Pete Carroll had one hell of a staff at USC back in the day with those guys and norm chow.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
It's really kind of pathetic that some of these coaches have CNS and our program in their heads! Coach Orgeron at his moment he always dreamed of when he was announced as LSU's head coach talked about beating the program to the north that he called the standard for college football. I think the thing most of these people don't realize is Coach Saban is one of the most driven men I've ever seen. He is relentless. He will not be outworked. He's one of the best talent evaluators of recruits. CNS didn't just wake up one day and turn into the best coach in college football. He's worked extremely hard to get to this level and he is still honing his craft. You can hire the best OC in football but that will not translate into victories. The fact that Coach Saban has won multiple championships with different OC proves this.
If your school is trying to run with Alabama, your coach better work at least as hard as Alabama's!

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Orgeron is a joke of a hire.....he will run LSU right down the drain. Dumbest hire in a long time. Yes he motivates, and is a good position coach. He motivated 2 teams that were built by other coaches......he will be fine until Miles' recruits are gone.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
I agree on Sark as well. I wasn't the biggest Kiffin fan and ate my words about him when he was hired, but no offense to him but I think Sark is definitely an upgrade if in fact he's off the sauce and I have no doubts about that since he's still employed by us. Matter of fact I think this could be Coach's most brilliant move since coming to Bama if all this indeed works out. Sark is a top level coach when his head is on right.

Kevin4Bama

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2005
Theodore, Alabama, United States

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I didn't mean for it to sound like LK was staying. From what I've heard tonight he's gone as early as Sunday morning. Sark is the next on line and one hell of a oc that will fit what we like actually better in the physicality department of a game. He's been really really involved all year and imo does a better job with qbs than lk does. Pete Carroll had one hell of a staff at USC back in the day with those guys and norm chow.
Thanks for sharing...yes, Pete Carroll did have an outstanding staff...no wonder they were winning...sort of like NS if I am not mistaken. You can't do it all by yourself....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.