Texas A&M 2016 vs. LSU 2015

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
I just thought about the correlation between these two team's seasons. Both undefeated with a clear path to the CFP before running into the Crimson machine... after that both of their seasons spiraled out of control taking along all their hopes and dreams with it. How do you guys think each of their seasons would have turned out if they would have gotten past Bama? It's hard to say. Losing a game that meant as much as each of those two games did can really challenge the psyche of a team. Especially when they don't have the type of leadership we had with coach Saban and our seniors when it happened to us against Ole miss the last two seasons. But, at the end of the day, I'm not sure it would have made a difference had they won. We've seen time and time again what happens to teams win or lose after playing us. It is a physical, emotional juggernaut of a game that is tough to recover from.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Re: Texas A&M 2016 LSU 2015

The big difference being that Trevor Knight got hurt and LSU was pretty healthy. TAMU definitely had a hangover getting down early to MSU but they lost that game because Knight went out with an injury.

Mystical

All-American
Sep 28, 2009
Fairhope, Alabama
Re: Texas A&M 2016 LSU 2015

The big difference being that Trevor Knight got hurt and LSU was pretty healthy. TAMU definitely had a hangover getting down early to MSU but they lost that game because Knight went out with an injury.
cosign If Knight played entire game they would have won that game and the next one.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
I just thought about the correlation between these two team's seasons. Both undefeated with a clear path to the CFP before running into the Crimson machine... after that both of their seasons spiraled out of control taking along all their hopes and dreams with it. How do you guys think each of their seasons would have turned out if they would have gotten past Bama? It's hard to say. Losing a game that meant as much as each of those two games did can really challenge the psyche of a team. Especially when they don't have the type of leadership we had with coach Saban and our seniors when it happened to us against Ole miss the last two seasons. But, at the end of the day, I'm not sure it would have made a difference had they won. We've seen time and time again what happens to teams win or lose after playing us. It is a physical, emotional juggernaut of a game that is tough to recover from.
I'm not sure I understand this. LSU had a minimal chance of beating Bama on the road last year. But had we won, we would have probably not been so uptight against Arky and Ole Miss. my guess is we would have won the SEC. But, we lost and yes, the season went in a tailspin. Credit the team this year for not going in the tank after the Bama game.

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006
I think you can look at the man in charge this year versus last year with LSU. The Hat put to much emphasis on the Bama game and his team went in a spiral pretty much every year after they lost. This year YaYa kept their heads on straight. He has done a good job since taking over the reigns in several aspects but particularly in this one. Not sure he get's the job but LSU could do a lot worse with the new hire than him.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'm not sure I understand this. LSU had a minimal chance of beating Bama on the road last year. But had we won, we would have probably not been so uptight against Arky and Ole Miss. my guess is we would have won the SEC. But, we lost and yes, the season went in a tailspin. Credit the team this year for not going in the tank after the Bama game.
You didn't have the QB play to beat us, but had you somehow gotten past us, I don't think you win the NC precisely because of that. Probably win the SEC, but I think Clemson would have been the NC winner.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.