2017 Prospect: OLB Baron Browning Updates (Commits to Ohio State)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
He's the #2 OLB and #9 recruit in the nation. Plan is to announce his commitment on November 29.

247 Profile

247 guys saying Bama has become the favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Re: OLB Baron Browning Updates

Wow, that's a surprise! I knew we were on his list but thought Texas was his favorite. I guess the questions around Strong is not helping them. This class is going to be crazy! RTR!

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

He's the #2 OLB and #9 recruit in the nation. Plan is to announce his commitment on November 29.

247 Profile

247 guys saying Bama has become the favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tosh is the man. Of course, Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams are pretty good recruiters too.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Tosh is the man. Of course, Ryan Anderson and Tim Williams are pretty good recruiters too.
Tosh is the man. It is good to have Tim, Ryan and Reuben all being very high NFL draft picks and saying there is going to be 3 open spots to compete for on the best defense in the country. This would be a huge pick-up.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

Why wouldn't he want to Alabama? CNS has no problem playing true freshmen if they are good enough and know the playbook. He would be learning from the best but would still have some outstanding athletes around him to help next year. Plus, he wouldn't have to put up with those awful northern winters in Ohio. Who wants to have to slug through snow drifts to get to class?

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005

He will not be announcing tomorrow. Seems like he's reconsidering Texas now.

... i suspect Browning was one of the first people Tom Herman called - after calling his wife to tell her he got the gig :biggrin:

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007

He was a longtime lean to TOSU and he just returned from a weekend visit for the Michigan game. That kind of atmosphere could cloud a lot of a decisions.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

He was a longtime lean to TOSU and he just returned from a weekend visit for the Michigan game. That kind of atmosphere could cloud a lot of a decisions.
Yeah, I'm actually disappointed that he isn't committing now. I think that he goes with the Bucks if he decides right now. Another visit to Alabama could swing him. I'm not really worried about Texas. If he goes there, he won't be a threat to us while in college.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Yeah, I'm actually disappointed that he isn't committing now. I think that he goes with the Bucks if he decides right now. Another visit to Alabama could swing him. I'm not really worried about Texas. If he goes there, he won't be a threat to us while in college.
He would be committing to bama and will still do so.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa

Yep. The last 10 CB's or so were all to Bama and now we have the Jam CB. Done deal.
If he announces before the week ends it's Ohio state. Urban being urban on this one. He brought in Sheffield for an official this past weekend.( things that make you go hmmm ) Saban can change it with an in home next week. Also Moses and others are after him really hard. I believe it's his mom that's the sticking point rn

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

If he announces before the week ends it's Ohio state. Urban being urban on this one. He brought in Sheffield for an official this past weekend.( things that make you go hmmm ) Saban can change it with an in home next week. Also Moses and others are after him really hard. I believe it's his mom that's the sticking point rn
I have seen about 10 CB's in the last 24 hrs all to OSU. This one is going be close but with in home w/ Saban next week I feel good.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.