Game Thread: Sparty vs. the Buckeyes

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Hey guys - just got home. I am an optimist, so am not worried. I knew that this was going to be a low scoring game when I saw thw weather forecast, but we will win it. At this point, we just need to win.
You guys will. It would take 2-3 catastrophic mistakes for Mich St to win. It's almost like Mich St has become you guys auburn though....no matter what they give you more of a fight than they should. One of those unexplainable things....lol

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
How many times has MSU stopped OSU today? Why would you go for 2 there? Dumb call and then you compound it calling a pass play. Stupid.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Well. I like the decision. You have nothing to lose. This isn't last year. Wish they had a better play.
I agree, but they should have run the ball. Their QB is terrible and the wind is howling on a very cold day.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Another thought here. Dumb to go for 2 with 4 min left. If you miss it, you likely lose. If you get it you force OSU to go on 4th downs during their possession. If you tie it up you only have to hold them for 3 downs. Wow. Bad calls.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It made no sense to go for two there. If you make it they can beat you with a field goal. If you kick it to tie they can beat you with a field goal. Now by not making it you make yourself the team that has to kick the field goal to win. Incredible.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I think it was a good call, the qb was REALLY slow in his progression. Even then, he could have thrown to his right, since 1 defender was shifting left and the other defender was on the receivers left.

That play had a very real chance
So what. You still lose with a FG and they will go for it on every 4th down. It was a terrible call. Make it or not.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
So what. You still lose with a FG and they will go for it on every 4th down. It was a terrible call. Make it or not.
This is why I'm not a coach. 4th and anything 3 or less (unless in their 30) go for it, without hesitation. And every point after would be for 2.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.