Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. Mocs...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I'm sure this won't happen until after the season, but Jalen is going to have to stop the "bouncing" up and down in the pocket. He's wasting a full second to second and a half everytime he "bounces" up, comes back down and has to set to throw the ball. It might be why he's late getting the ball out a lot.

This game was simply painful to watch. I'll just end it with that.

CincinnatiAlum

2nd Team
Aug 9, 2004
Any idea where Ardarius Stewart was for this game? Saw him coming out of tunnel and on sidelines??? Never saw in game??

MobileBama84

Scout Team
Aug 30, 2016
Daphne, AL
I absolutely agree with you. I have thought the same thing quite a few times already about that this season.

I'm sure this won't happen until after the season, but Jalen is going to have to stop the "bouncing" up and down in the pocket. He's wasting a full second to second and a half everytime he "bounces" up, comes back down and has to set to throw the ball. It might be why he's late getting the ball out a lot.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
What was the word after game about Cam R? I saw him after he left game and the way he was holding his arm didn't look good.

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
I was at the game. Disturbed at how quickly and how often the Mocs were in the Bama backfield. It also seems Kiffin has completely abandoned any play calling that includes standard runs with a running back. I realize we have injuries back there and all, it's just very odd play calling at times.

Not bashing CLK, as he's done a wonderful job and pulled things out of Sims and Coker I never thought possible. Still, there are quirks and oddities that can be downright frustrating to watch at times.

MobileBama84

Scout Team
Aug 30, 2016
Daphne, AL
Was our offense trying to hit bigger plays in this game and give Jalen more rushing attempts more than usual? We seemed for a while through the first 3 quarters like we shied away from our normal offensive game plan. I felt like the offense never set the tone of the game and never got into a rhythm. Sort of like we weren't really playing to our strengths but "trying out" different offensive plays. I mean, Im happy we won, but feel we really left a lot on the field to be desired. I guess we were due for one of these games. Glad its out of the way! Roll Tide!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Remember he was a Texas finalist in the HS shotput. That bouncing is pretty ingrained, if you've ever watched the shot put...

MobileBama84

Scout Team
Aug 30, 2016
Daphne, AL
Your post reflects my feelings in another post of mine above as well. Its as if we abondoned a huge part of our offense using our RB's and letting Jalen run more with the ball. I dont know if it was to help Hurts' stats or not, or to just give him more chances to make plays happen but there was just some strange play calling that didn't seem normal to me. Heck, I didnt even see a jet sweep. Maybe it was just all planned though, which i am sure it is. Im sure Bama will be looking sharp come next weekend :)

I was at the game. Disturbed at how quickly and how often the Mocs were in the Bama backfield. It also seems Kiffin has completely abandoned any play calling that includes standard runs with a running back. I realize we have injuries back there and all, it's just very odd play calling at times.

Not bashing CLK, as he's done a wonderful job and pulled things out of Sims and Coker I never thought possible. Still, there are quirks and oddities that can be downright frustrating to watch at times.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

It's tough but we have to keep in mind 3 things: 1) he is a True Freshmen 2) he's playing his 11th game of his entire life in a quasi-pro style offense that is stressing him to throw it when he likely has run most of his life on the vast majority of snaps, and 3) they did almost NO prep on this team per CNS. He has a lot to work on and pocket awareness and footwork are up there for sure. That said, ALLLLLLLLLL the stuff an elite SEC QB is asked to do each snap would SHOCK an avg. person. Just like CNS said on Hey Coach Thurs., "Given the position, QB, and all they are asked to do and HAVE to do, Jalen has done an amazing job."

Did I mention he was a True Freshman? :)

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I have to say that, starting a TF, and some of the other problems we had, I was afraid that we'd see a bunch of games like this. Our OL played more poorly than they've played all year and there will be some better defensive units waiting, like next week. In fact, we've already faced much better. I'm really sort of hoping that attitude was the problem tonight, and not injuries they've kept quiet. I mean in addition to the known ones...

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
It's tough but we have to keep in mind 3 things: 1) he is a True Freshmen 2) he's playing his 11th game of his entire life in a quasi-pro style offense that is stressing him to throw it when he likely has run most of his life on the vast majority of snaps, and 3) they did almost NO prep on this team per CNS. He has a lot to work on and pocket awareness and footwork are up there for sure. That said, ALLLLLLLLLL the stuff an elite SEC QB is asked to do each snap would SHOCK an avg. person. Just like CNS said on Hey Coach Thurs., "Given the position, QB, and all they are asked to do and HAVE to do, Jalen has done an amazing job."

Did I mention he was a True Freshman? :)
That's why I said "after the season". But whether he's a true freshman or not. It's costing him time and rythm in the pocket.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.