Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. Mocs...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
well it was a win, so there is that.

cannot believe i still heard rammer jammer
Had I been there, I would not have joined in. I don't like it being done after FCS games, but especially after we played like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It was my fault. I wore a Chattanooga shirt watching the game. (My son goes there).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I'm sure this won't happen until after the season, but Jalen is going to have to stop the "bouncing" up and down in the pocket. He's wasting a full second to second and a half everytime he "bounces" up, comes back down and has to set to throw the ball. It might be why he's late getting the ball out a lot.

This game was simply painful to watch. I'll just end it with that.
Absolutely, thanks for bringing that up Buzz.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam
I thought #15 came ready to play yesterday. Jalen will definitely need to develop. I know he is a TF but we are well into the season now. He will need to work on a quicker releases on the intermediate and long throws as he is winding up on his throws, bouncing up and down, etc. Hard to get kids up for every game. Seems like there is always one of these that you have to win on sheer talent. Hopefully it doesn't carry over.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I thought #15 came ready to play yesterday. Jalen will definitely need to develop. I know he is a TF but we are well into the season now. He will need to work on a quicker releases on the intermediate and long throws as he is winding up on his throws, bouncing up and down, etc. Hard to get kids up for every game. Seems like there is always one of these that you have to win on sheer talent. Hopefully it doesn't carry over.
As much as I enjoy watching Jalen play, would not at all be surprised to see an intense competition in the spring at QB. Obviously, his main competition will be true Freshmen, which will be to his (Jalen`s ) advantage.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Congrats on your win last night...I know it wasn't the game you wanted to see but you played an opponent who were super hyped for the game and I think (to some extent) it wasn't a game that your players were too concerned about - and it showed.

That said....it was a good win and an important game to play before next week. I know the team will be MORE than prepared for the Iron Bowl next week.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I noticed UTC had a 10 minute TOP advantage. That certainly isn't Bama football
That was part of their gameplan, and I would add not a normal part either.

Consider this, now teams are deliberately slowing things down against Alabama! I thought Alabama's weakness was against teams that sped things up? Heh...

So, Alabama prepared for one team, got another. Basically what they did was similar to pre-shot clock overmatched teams in basketball. They knew they were not in a good position to win, so they just slowed the game down as much as possible. In the least, that lessens the blowout.

Anyway, sloppy, ugly game from Alabama. Was hoping for more, but it was still a dominating performance. Hope everyone gets healthy, the next two games are going to be tough, physical competitions...

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Seems like Kiffin has fallen in love with running Hurts. If you watch Ohio State they fall into the same thing when stressed. But the lack of balance seems to hurt the QB's timing in throwing. Almost seems if they are in the mentality of ready to take off and run. Don't know if that explains the offensive line problems though. Oh well, the barners are coming to town. Just win, baby whatever it takes.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I just read that Chattanooga prepared for our pass rush by having their DL line up offsides during practice. Pretty ingenious if you ask me, and maybe a big reason we struggled to put a lot of pressure on their QB.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I wasn't too surprised at how we played, it's happened before in this situation. It was like the players were saying 'okay, let's just get this over with so we can get on to better things.' I think it doesn't bode well for the barners come Saturday. By the way, it was cold and windy out there last night, brrr.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.