Josh McDaniels @ LSU?

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
If I were Joe Alleva, I'd make a run at Patriots OC Josh McDaniels. Can you imagine what he could do with the weapons that LSU has? All he'd need to do is recruit a QB, and keep the D-staff mostly intact.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
If I were Joe Alleva, I'd make a run at Patriots OC Josh McDaniels. Can you imagine what he could do with the weapons that LSU has? All he'd need to do is recruit a QB, and keep the D-staff mostly intact.
It would be an interesting choice. But I don't think the fan base would be excited about it, especially with names like Tom Herman and Jimbo Fisher being tossed around as possibilities.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
McDaniels seems like a pro-only coach. LSU should go for someone who has excelled at the college level. Tom Herman is the hot name right now, but Jimbo Fisher would be better as he has proven he can lead and maintain a college program at a high level. I hope LSU keeps Orgeron tbh.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
It would be an interesting choice. But I don't think the fan base would be excited about it, especially with names like Tom Herman and Jimbo Fisher being tossed around as possibilities.

I guess I don't understand the Jimbo thing. If he can't dominate at FSU with the talent the state has to offer and playing in the ACC, why would he be a better coach at LSU or anywhere else for that matter. I could have won with Rapeis Winston and a complicit oversight committee, police department, state judicial system etc ... similar to Cheezit with Cammie Cam. That formula seems to be hire a man-boy and give him the keys to the asylum, keep the cops away until he goes pro.

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Herman is going to Texas. While it sounds a bit conspiracy theoryish hear me out.

Big 12 can't have an official conference championship game unless they get 2 more teams. It's been an issue since the cfp started. They finally voted this past summer and shot it down. Houston was one of the teams on the list to come in. Why block the vote....amongst other reasons, Texas is about to take their head coach

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
I guess I don't understand the Jimbo thing. If he can't dominate at FSU with the talent the state has to offer and playing in the ACC, why would he be a better coach at LSU or anywhere else for that matter. I could have won with Rapeis Winston and a complicit oversight committee, police department, state judicial system etc ... similar to Cheezit with Cammie Cam. That formula seems to be hire a man-boy and give him the keys to the asylum, keep the cops away until he goes pro.
I am with you. Jimbo Fisher is not the coach everyone gives him credit for being. Reminds me of Mark Richt.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Herman is going to Texas. While it sounds a bit conspiracy theoryish hear me out.

Big 12 can't have an official conference championship game unless they get 2 more teams. It's been an issue since the cfp started. They finally voted this past summer and shot it down. Houston was one of the teams on the list to come in. Why block the vote....amongst other reasons, Texas is about to take their head coach
Because it became evident the Big 12 was never serious. They didn't even actually discuss the issue. It all started when OU's David Boren made a random comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
He sure didn't do much with the Broncos. I halfway thought he was trying to destroy the franchise for Belichick while he was there.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
He sure didn't do much with the Broncos. I halfway thought he was trying to destroy the franchise for Belichick while he was there.
Nope, but I think a second go round with Belichick and that previous experience would help a lot. And, if you're looking for a dramatic departure from Les Miles . . .

I'd kick the tires, at least.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Idk...this hasn't been one of Kiffins best years play calling.
Ehh. Every year we have some complaints, which end up being wrong because he continues to use plays to setup other plays as the season progresses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I think fisher would be a fool to leave the ACC for the brutal SEC West. But from an LSU fan perspective, would you be more excited for an NFL OC that hasn't been a college coach since 1999 or a former LSU assistant who has won a national title in the last 5 years?

Given that Fisher has a title and is an offense minded coach, he's a more palatable hire for an AD. Fans would eat it up and boosters would be less likely to second guess your choice.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I could see Kiffin going to LSU. You have to assume that they're realistically starting with their 4th choice for their search.
1. Fisher-not leaving FSU
2. Herman-Texas coach
3. Coach O didn't win out, lost to Bama
4. ?

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.