Notre Dame - NCAA - Vacated Wins from 2012-2013 Seasons

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Probably just left vacated like the 2004 USC team. Neither OU nor AU was awarded the championship that year.
Yep - The NCAA doesn't award champions in FBS, though they recognize them. Groups like the CFP and AP would have to do something that they have never done before - crown a different champion. Never say never, but this is not likely to happen.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I believe that ties us with them in All-Time 'official' wins now at 875 which is 6th place. Yale, Ohio St, Nebraska, and Texas are all only about 10-15 wins ahead of us.

THE OSU will be hard to catch but if CNS stays another 3-5 years we are going to catch up to Yale, Texas and Nebraska I think. Give it a few years and it will be 1)Michigan 2)tOSU 3) Alabama

Also of note: Give tOSU their vacated wins back and ours and we are only 1 win behind them.

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
I never have and never will agree with the concept of retroactively vacating wins. Even if the NCAA were to vacate Auburn's 2010 season, they still won. How about the NCAA refunds the cost to the people who bought tickets to those games? Of course that'll never happen.

The NCAA needs to figure out a better system for punishing infractions.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
If the academic cheating didn't involve football players or athletes why punish the football team?

Can't they fine them the value of the tuition / scholarships for the students involved plus a punitive figure?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
That makes Kelly's record 38-30 at ND. Hahahaha
Right now Kelly's 30 losses ties him with Lou Holtz as the ND coach with the most losses at that school. However it took Lou Holtz 11 seasons to lose those 30 games while Kelly did it in only 7. So Kelly will break that record after they lose to USC.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If the academic cheating didn't involve football players or athletes why punish the football team?

Can't they fine them the value of the tuition / scholarships for the students involved plus a punitive figure?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
There were a number of players involved.

JQBama42

Scout Team
Sep 24, 2014
Enid, OK
Anything that's bad for Notre Dame is good for me. All of the Irish fans that I know like to sit on their morally high horse, preaching that student athletes at Notre Dame are actually real students, there for a real education. Unlike the illiterate athletes at other schools that are brought in only to play sports.

Oops.....

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I would feel sympathy if we didn't have 21 wins vacated for that stupid "text book scandal"

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Anything that's bad for Notre Dame is good for me. All of the Irish fans that I know like to sit on their morally high horse, preaching that student athletes at Notre Dame are actually real students, there for a real education. Unlike the illiterate athletes at other schools that are brought in only to play sports.

Oops.....
That's the thing about living in glass houses.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
With the lack of current success and now this ND should let Kelly go after the USCw game. I have never been a fan of Kelly, but after throwing coaches and then his players under the bus I absolutely detest him. I am no fan of ND but the school and the players deserve better.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I think if you go back and research it this has happened at ND before probably just not on wide a scale. I bet this is the same scandal that forced Everett Golson to transfer.

ND is marginally relevant now and probably routinely looks the other way more than not. In fact, ND had their own rape scandal before the FSU, Baylor, and Tennessee scandals and largely dodged a bullet with publicity of it. Such a scandal now for ND would likely push it into permanent irrelevance.

ND needs conference affiliation now more than it will ever recognize to help it weather scandals and keep it in the seasonal discussion. If a big enough scandal erupted there, what is keeping NBC from dropping the broadcast of its games? If that were to happen it would be game over for them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
With the lack of current success and now this ND should let Kelly go after the USCw game. I have never been a fan of Kelly, but after throwing coaches and then his players under the bus I absolutely detest him. I am no fan of ND but the school and the players deserve better.
With his contract - not going to happen. Also, ND knew of these allegations when they signed him to this contract, so it should not be a factor now if it was not then.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.