Alabama vs. St. Louis Wed night 8:30

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Collins is fouled on the inbound and hits both free throws and then SLU panics and throws it to Bama on the inbound. Ingram is fouled and hits both freethrows, and Bama is up two possessions, SLU inbounds, Bama blocks a layup and Bama wins.

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
Lots of work to do. This team doesn't seem to quite know what it wants to do and through whom is wants to do it. They'll get better. Certainly better than under Grant.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Lots of work to do. This team doesn't seem to quite know what it wants to do and through whom is wants to do it. They'll get better. Certainly better than under Grant.
After tonight I would run the offense through Key. He seems to be the most complete and consistent player..

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
SLU inbounder looked silly but it wasn't his fault. The guard started a cut then stopped as the guy was starting to throw it inbound.

This would have been a horrible loss; very frustrating play by Bama.

RTR

Oldtider1

Dec 1, 2015
Sow's Ear

Watching the St. Louis game now and this is the sorriest I've seen the Tide play since David Hobbs' and Anthony Grant's worst. Taylor and Hale need to be given an early graduation so that the other players don't catch whatever it is they have. And how do you recruit all these elite athletes and not a single one of them can shoot the ball?

Well, like they say, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear but it's terrible when it's still November and I'm already saying "maybe next year." If these last two games are any indication, this team will be very lucky to end up .500 and out of the SEC cellar.

Well, they 'won' tonight (actually, a really sorry St. Louis team lost, Bama just happened to be their opponent). That was some frightful basketball tonight. Urg!!!

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
To put a positive touch on an ugly game, bama did hit 4/4 crunch time free throws to seal the game.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Wow...........

Down 9, with a few minutes left, back-to-back 3s, and we are suddenly in it. Frustrating the lead jumped to 9, so fast, but they didn't cave.

For once, the other team did what we normally do, down the stretch. Once the younger players find the right role, and settle into it, there is hope.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
There were spurts of good passing and open shots even in the paint but nothing was falling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideBall

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 17, 2015
I was not able to watch this game due to a family emergency, so I can't comment on the overall quality of play, but we are obviously still struggling to score. Looking at the box score, I did notice a pattern which leaves reason for optimism.

Key, Ingram and King have all stepped forward as rather reliable scorers which have been brought in by Johnson. Collins is struggling, but we can hope he still finds himself as the overall team tries to come together for the rest of this season. As others have said, I expect it to be choppy this year, because Johnson wants a completely different style of play and many of the Grant recruits are having trouble shifting gears. Of course, major scoring help would seem to be coming with next years recruiting class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.