Link: LSU offers Jimbo Fisher (or is it Tom Herman) (Coach O?)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: LSU offers Jimbo Fisher (or is it Tom Herman)?

LSU would be better off and $$$ ahead to keep Orgeron than hiring Fedora assuming Herman stays at Houston or goes to Texas.
Lest we forget, when he left USM the program he had built was in absolute total shambles with no talent recruited at all. The 30 straight losses that occurred when he left for Carolina is a glaring testimonial as to the job he did.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Lest we forget, when he left USM the program he had built was in absolute total shambles with no talent recruited at all. The 30 straight losses that occurred when he left for Carolina is a glaring testimonial as to the job he did.
I've never understood the fascination with Larry Fedora either. Truth be told, his success at UNC has more to do with having a dang good coordinator like Gene Chizik than anything he's done.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

Heads up, Houston is playing Memphis on ABC right now, Memphis scored in the first minute on busted coverage.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa

I was joking about Fedora. It just reminds me of when UT lost CLK and had NO plan and ended up with like their 15th choice Derek Dooley who was a "top choice" all along. AD should have a list of names just in case. I'm think Joe Aleva is one of the least competent ADs in America IMHO. It seems if LSU is getting played by agents and coaches left and right. Coach O is probably looking better and better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Gene Chizik is a top10 head coach?
Chizik is to Auburn to what Larry Coker was to Miami. The point I was making is that a lot of people are thinking Miles> Fisher. But no one who makes that claim wants to bring up that Miles backed into the title game with 2 losses (UK and Arky) in 2007 and avoided playing probably the best team in the SEC at the end of the season (UGA) because of an early season loss to Tennessee. That was with one of the most loaded teams in LSU history, but atleast Fisher went 14-0 with one of the more loaded FSU teams.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Chizik is to Auburn to what Larry Coker was to Miami. The point I was making is that a lot of people are thinking Miles> Fisher. But no one who makes that claim wants to bring up that Miles backed into the title game with 2 losses (UK and Arky) in 2007 and avoided playing probably the best team in the SEC at the end of the season (UGA) because of an early season loss to Tennessee. That was with one of the most loaded teams in LSU history, but atleast Fisher went 14-0 with one of the more loaded FSU teams.
Fair, but remember that FSU plays in the ACC - an ACC that was horrible that year. Anyone believe that FSU would have been undefeated in the SEC that year?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

Fair, but remember that FSU plays in the ACC - an ACC that was horrible that year. Anyone believe that FSU would have been undefeated in the SEC that year?
If they played in the east then yes. The west they probably were a 1 loss team (UA). They were pretty good. It wasn't until 14 that they were totally living off of Jamies's heroics.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

In light of the fact we hired Mike Dubious, Dennis Franchione, Mike Price, and Mike Shula consecutively, I don't know that we're the best folks to butcher other teams who are hoping to hire their own Saban.

On the flip side, I recall the mockery during those last 3 searches and it's nice to see others on the receiving end. Texas thinks it's as simple as throwing out big money but their history should make them cautious that that's not true.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

In light of the fact we hired Mike Dubious, Dennis Franchione, Mike Price, and Mike Shula consecutively, I don't know that we're the best folks to butcher other teams who are hoping to hire their own Saban.

On the flip side, I recall the mockery during those last 3 searches and it's nice to see others on the receiving end. Texas thinks it's as simple as throwing out big money but their history should make them cautious that that's not true.
I think the reality is that you miss more than you hit in coaching hires.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.