Link: LSU offers Jimbo Fisher (or is it Tom Herman) (Coach O?)

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
If this needs to be moved to the coaching carosel, I understand. Figured that the "bigness" of it warranted it's own lil thread. While many expected it, I don't think we expected it to happen until POST season. What does this say for the upcoming A&M game and where the players minds are at, or for that matter, Florida vs FSU (not that I'd bet on florida, but you never know.)

https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/report-lsu-extends-offer-to-jimbo-fisher

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Re: LSU offers Jimbo Fisher

What does this say for the upcoming A&M game and where the players minds are at, or for that matter, Florida vs FSU (not that I'd bet on florida, but you never know.)
I pondered how fluid the situation is, and what impact from the powers that be in terms of what is yet remaining. It is a pretty crazy situation, you don't usually get this during the regular season.

Some people are saying it's a done deal. It does seem LSU has made their choice, that's for sure. The question is how far might Jimbo go with his demands and how badly does FSU want to keep him? The one thing I was kind of getting at with some earlier comments, is if Jimbo loses to Florida and is flirting with LSU, might that be enough for them to say just take him? On the other hand, who on earth does FSU replace Jimbo with? You'd think they would be doing the same thing and asking "what will it take" with Jimbo.

You also have to wonder if Jimbo thinks about this long enough to feel insulted. They dragged their feet until after the Florida game apparently, this was basically a done deal last year then they backed out.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

I pondered how fluid the situation is, and what impact from the powers that be in terms of what is yet remaining. It is a pretty crazy situation, you don't usually get this during the regular season.

Some people are saying it's a done deal. It does seem LSU has made their choice, that's for sure. The question is how far might Jimbo go with his demands and how badly does FSU want to keep him? The one thing I was kind of getting at with some earlier comments, is if Jimbo loses to Florida and is flirting with LSU, might that be enough for them to say just take him? On the other hand, who on earth does FSU replace Jimbo with? You'd think they would be doing the same thing and asking "what will it take" with Jimbo.

You also have to wonder if Jimbo thinks about this long enough to feel insulted. They dragged their feet until after the Florida game apparently, this was basically a done deal last year then they backed out.
Lane......kiffin. Hear me out.

Contacts up

He would probably want to go to a state where he could do well recruiting and honestly, who in Florida could out recruit him. Mcelwain? Richt?

He can recruit an entire team from in state and so pretty darn well.

How easy would it be for him to run rough shot over the acc?

I'm just saying, I don't want him to leave, but he seems a very viable option.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee

Why Would Jimbo even want the job? What does FSU offer that LSU does not? Surely this can't be about money alone.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

Well, it's about to get sticky.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk
What bothers me more than anything else regarding kiffin to fsu would be our players feelings on that incoming players. I know Tua from Hawaii is pretty much a lock (last I read he's early enrolling) but still.

I think many noticed Sark coming in and felt Saban saw the waiting on the wall. Not saying sark would take his place.....just an observation and potential

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007

Other than being in the SEC, what can LSwho offer that FSU can't? Doesn't Jimbo have a child that is pretty sick? Just thinking can the medical treatment be better in BR? IDK...

What bothers me more than anything else regarding kiffin to fsu would be our players feelings on that incoming players. I know Tua from Hawaii is pretty much a lock (last I read he's early enrolling) but still.

I think many noticed Sark coming in and felt Saban saw the waiting on the wall. Not saying sark would take his place.....just an observation and potential
I don't see why Kiffin would want to do a lateral.

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Like I told you guys in another thread, I have LSU friends telling me the deal was already done as of Monday morning and will be announced after the weekend games. Don't be surprised if Coach O stays on staff either according to them. Word is he's willing and doesn't really want to move out of Louisiana.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.