Game Thread: Houston vs Memphis

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Credit to Houston for not laying down and dying. Though that statement shouldn't be made regarding the scenario presented

tidegrandpa

All-American
Reminds me of the old joke, the assistant tells Bear, "Coach, we gotta get this kid, he gets up every time he gets knocked down, he never quits. This kid kept knocking him down play after play and he just gets back up every time".
Bear says, "forget that kid, we want the one knocking him down!",

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Are we sure that LSU would not do as well with coach Orgeron as with Herman.
I don't think that anyone can be sure, but remember that Orgeron gets his players to play with emotion. That will get you wins, but it is not a strategy that pays off long-term. You need your team to be more even keeled.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I don't think that anyone can be sure, but remember that Orgeron gets his players to play with emotion. That will get you wins, but it is not a strategy that pays off long-term. You need your team to be more even keeled.
I suppose it depends on goals. I think that realistically LSU goals should be 9/3 or 10/2 until saban retires. I think Orgeron may ve able to do that. Maybe I am too high on him but he makes a good defense.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
You Herman fans still on the bandwagon? Losses to SMU, Navy, and Memphis, yah, I'd hand him the keys to my program...
I made it clear a long time ago that I would have kept Miles. But as far as bandwagons are concerned, only 2 head coaches are worthy of bandwagon support right now, IMO.

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I'll never understand the love for Herman, not like Houston has been a world beater. I think it would be a mistake for LSU to hire him but, I'm 100% behind them making that mistake. I wouldn't mind having another team in the West that doesn't play defense.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL
So was Louisville that bad or is Herman just a Guy who coaches his team up and pulls out all the tricks for the big games? I know they've had/have injuries, but if I were an AD looking to give someone 5+ million a year for the next 3-5 years, I'd want more evidence.
It's not like Houston is going to get somebody better than CTH.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I made it clear a long time ago that I would have kept Miles. But as far as bandwagons are concerned, only 2 head coaches are worthy of bandwagon support right now, IMO.
Good thing y'all won a NC during the year when we had a 4th string RB as our QB...or there would be just one ;)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.