Rivalry Weekend - Any wishes for other results?

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
Here in the UK we normally see 5 preselected games per weekend (Thu to Sun).

Across rivalry weekend we get a whopping 11 [emoji2].

Whilst not being overly bothered I do have a few preferences.

Buckeyes over the Wolverines

Trojans over the Irish

Miss State over Ole Miss

And Gators over the Seminoles.

I don't know why I have my favourites in the other match ups but I do.

Anyone else with their own temporary allegiances for rivalry weekend, and if so in what games and why?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Agree with everything you wrote. Only thing I'd add is that I'd like Washington to beat state and Texas to beat tcu.

Texas for Charlie strong.

Washington to win out, because I believe that puts them into the cfp, and quite frankly, I think they'd be an easier team fire Bama to beat.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Agree with everything you wrote. Only thing I'd add is that I'd like Washington to beat state and Texas to beat tcu.

Texas for Charlie strong.

Washington to win out, because I believe that puts them into the cfp, and quite frankly, I think they'd be an easier team fire Bama to beat.
Whether or not CCS is the best of coaches I'm unconvinced, however I do agree he has had a raw deal at Texas, so I do hope he wins his last game there if it turns out to be that.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I'll be going to USC-ND game with family of USC graduates, so for positive car rides around Los Angeles, go Trojans.

In the B1G, I'm hoping for any scenario where OSU loses out on playing in the title game, and thus, no CFP selection.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Whether or not CCS is the best of coaches I'm unconvinced, however I do agree he has had a raw deal at Texas, so I do hope he wins his last game there if it turns out to be that.

Yeah, not at all based on his coaching. I just like CSS and think the Texas booster (or should you call them wealthy coaches, since it seems that's what they think they are) situation is ridiculous.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
I'll be going to USC-ND game with family of USC graduates, so for positive car rides around Los Angeles, go Trojans.

In the B1G, I'm hoping for any scenario where OSU loses out on playing in the title game, and thus, no CFP selection.
Must admit I hope the Spartans and tOSU win.

Penn are a dreadful, dreadful team and their presence in the playoffs does nothing to enhance the image of the standard of the game.

The Wolverines I just don't like.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am only worried about 2 games (guess which ;-)). I'll be happy with any results in the other games. Just hoping for close games.

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014

I feel the opposite about tOSU. I want us to play them and beat them. I don't care if it's in the semifinal or CFPCG. I am so tired of hearing about 2014 and how we were "lucky" we didn't have to play them last year. However, it would be funny if they lost tomorrow to a backup QB after all the 3rd string crap they talked.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Must admit I hope the Spartans and tOSU win.

Penn are a dreadful, dreadful team and their presence in the playoffs does nothing to enhance the image of the standard of the game.

The Wolverines I just don't like.

I don't think that if PSU wins the B1G championship, that they'll be put into the playoffs. I also don't think they would put in a 2-loss OSU or UM team with no division or conference championship.

One of my frustrations with the media et al. complaining about the CFB rankings and asking if conference championship will be a factor is b/c conference championships before next weekend aren't a factor. They aren't projecting who will be in the playoffs at a certain point; just who are the best four based on their criteria for that week. I do believe that will change once conference championships are awarded after next weekend. Just my two cents.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
the only one i really care about is gt over jawjuh.

i would like to see miss state just to watch ole siss get kicked while they are down.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
I don't think that if PSU wins the B1G championship, that they'll be put into the playoffs. I also don't think they would put in a 2-loss OSU or UM team with no division or conference championship.

One of my frustrations with the media et al. complaining about the CFB rankings and asking if conference championship will be a factor is b/c conference championships before next weekend aren't a factor. They aren't projecting who will be in the playoffs at a certain point; just who are the best four based on their criteria for that week. I do believe that will change once conference championships are awarded after next weekend. Just my two cents.
I believe if Penn were to win the B1G they should be in, they play in the same division of the same conference as the buckeyes and the wolverines so if they won it I don't see how excluding them for either of the bigger boys could be justified.

That said tOSU is the best team in the conference so I want to see them win it and make the playoffs the best they can be.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Pulling for Michigan -- because I'd rather play them in the playoffs....
Pulling for Miss State -- because I think Freeze needs to go away as soon as possible....
Pulling for USC -- only because it makes us look even more impressive....
Pulling for Ok State -- because I hate Stoops.....

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014

Exactly!!! Each CFP poll is based on the games that have been played UP TO THAT POINT and nothing more. All of the media "analysts" know this already, yet they keep trying to get answers on hypothetical situations. Watching them ask the same stupid questions (to which they already know the answers) over and over feels like watching an episode of Nancy Grace. Once championship weekend is over most of, if not all, the drama will be sorted out.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
USC over Irish
Meecheegun over bucks
Wasu or UW
MSU over the rebs
Gators over Seminoles
Of couse UA over AU in a historic romp...:cool2:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I want us to beat the barn.

That pretty much is all I really care about. I do want USC to beat Notre Dame. I want Ohio State to win to throw the playoff committee into a frenzy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.