Game Thread: Ohio State vs. Michigan

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Who is this guy and how the hell does he get a vote.

If we're just giving these things away I'd like one please. I watch football and am not a complete freaking retard.
If the committee can take things like 'key injuries' into account......then he's NOT wrong.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
If the committee can take things like 'key injuries' into account......then he's NOT wrong.
Careful, you'll start to hear things like, "I think that Alabama has an unfair advantage with the best coaches and players, so I'm going to vote them last because it's not fair."

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Careful, you'll start to hear things like, "I think that Alabama has an unfair advantage with the best coaches and players, so I'm going to vote them last because it's not fair."
So in all seriousness, Texas was right? If they hadn't lost colt. They should have split the title with us that year.

This is our future....

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Agreed. Excuses of any kind do not need to be built into this process. There are 4 or 5 plays in every game, every week that can be judged in this way and he finds the one late play in one of the last high profile games to go there. This guy should not have the right to vote.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
His vote plus $3 will get Harbaugh a cup of Starbucks. Who cares how anyone votes in the polls any more unless it is 1 of the chosen 12.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
That wasn't the game deciding play. UM decided to let OSU's best player take an end around/jet sweep 15 yards (practically untouched) into the end zon. If they'd stayed focused (hard to do with your HC throwing a tantrum), they could have held OSU to a FG and forced another OT. They could've called time out to get themselves together. They allowed that play/call to defeat them. That's on CJH and the UM team.

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
No, actually this guy is saying ..."I've watched every replay known to man...and determined the ball never reached the 15 yard line..." He can have an opinion...right?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I agree the injury argument won't work but that is considered acceptable nonsense via the committee.

And I saw it today and thought the spot was right and good.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
So in all seriousness, Texas was right? If they hadn't lost colt. They should have split the title with us that year.

This is our future....
This is another reason why I feel on field results matter more than hypotheticals and eye tests. Injuries and bad calls are part of the game. Good teams overcome obstacles and find ways to win. The thing that is really driving me crazy right now is how some are putting USC in the top six. The whole season matters, and they have three losses including a 46 point loss to us. Give me a break.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
This is another reason why I feel on field results matter more than hypotheticals and eye tests. Injuries and bad calls are part of the game. Good teams overcome obstacles and find ways to win. The thing that is really driving me crazy right now is how some are putting USC in the top six. The whole season matters, and they have three losses including a 46 point loss to us. Give me a break.
Agreed on the whole season mattering. But I'd put them and a million dollars at a neutral site vs Michigan Clemson and possibly Ohio state without reservation.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Yep, UM had a chance, but Coach Whiny was still pitching a fit.
That wasn't the game deciding play. UM decided to let OSU's best player take an end around/jet sweep 15 yards (practically untouched) into the end zon. If they'd stayed focused (hard to do with your HC throwing a tantrum), they could have held OSU to a FG and forced another OT. They could've called time out to get themselves together. They allowed that play/call to defeat them. That's on CJH and the UM team.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.