Game Thread: Ohio State vs. Michigan

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think the dirty little secret of this season is that neither of these teams is actually all that good.
Both would beat any team in the SEC other than Alabama. When Alabama is the measuring stick, this year everyone looks weak.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Which of these teams do you prefer to play us?
We would eventually pose our will on Michigan and win by probably 2-3 TDs. Our defense eats offenses like that alive that have statue QB's and run slow paced pro-sets. I don't see how Michigan would score 20 on us.

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
I agree - this has been the most conservative game called by Meyer since the MSU game last year. That said, when he has called pass plays, JT has missed. JT needs to relax in the second half.
When you're boys click they are a really great team but when it's slightly off you have struggled.

Hope JT has a much stronger 2nd half.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Except when you play someone decent. Like Michigan State.
The problem wasn't their defense - it was the weather. JT has always struggled in games with high winds, and the winds were 30+ MPH in that game, with cold blowing snow.

In this game, the problem is the Michigan defense. They are totally legit.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
What a mess that would cause? Michigan wins today and gets to the Big 10 Title game..............and loses, LOL.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The only team we've killed in the air was Mississippi State who happens to match their inability to cover with an ineptitude at rushing the passer.

I dunno man, I think Michigan's defense is legit. Legit defenses often make good offenses look quite mortal.
For some reason, I just can't see it. It's just my opinion. OSU has had issues on offense. They are getting shut out here too. You think Michigan State whose the world how to beat OSU? Michigan State!

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus [emoji336] using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
The only team we've killed in the air was Mississippi State who happens to match their inability to cover with an ineptitude at rushing the passer.
Yep, if Barn is in Hurts face a lot today, we'll struggle getting the ball down field consistently. Barn is capable of a elite pass rush. Our OL needs to come to play today more then ever before this season.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think we're going to struggle score today tbqh. Would love good starting field position and an opportunity to steal points early...maybe get Auburn to make some mistakes.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I dunno man, I think Michigan's defense is legit. Legit defenses often make good offenses look quite mortal.
I don't see it either. I said in a thread here a few weeks back that Ohio State lacks weapons at the WR position. They have had issues all season long getting consistent separation down field and TJ is having to throw into some tight quarters due to it and its been no bueno. Samuel is the only weapon Ohio State has with legit speed. Their offense is slow this year for whatever reason.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Didn't mean huge passing stats, but daggers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.