Game Thread: Official Post Game Thread Bama vs. Barn...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Injuries killed us (again) this year. We get healthy, we can compete with anyone, and a solid month is a lot of time to get healthy.
Not buying your optimism here if "competing" equals "winning." You got beat by the better teams you played this year. You caught LSU at a fortunate time and were fortunate to win that one.

Your defense is legit, but even if your offense gets 100% healthy this was not an elite Auburn team.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Different strokes for different folks I guess. Actually, I like that he trys to express what he thinks coaches and players are thinking/seeing/strategizing etc. Kinda the job description of "color commentator" in my book.
You're exactly right. Different strokes for different folks. During the OSU-UM game, there was an early PI no-call that the refs blew pretty badly. Herbstreit mentioned that it was a missed call during the replay but went on with his commentating as play progressed. Gary would've talked about it during the next two plays and then woulda gone back and looked at the replay 3 times just to prove his point. To me, there is a fine line between color commentating and coming off as a know-it-all.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Huh? When what meager ability we had to stretch the field went away with Sean, the wheels fall off. First half of the Vandy game was a good indicator of that.
Yep, Auburn was really a lot like our 2015 team where the QB could run a bit but it wasn't a huge part of the offense. It was clear they had huge problems when he got dinged up. Auburn was playing with razor thin margins in the backfield and it caught em.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I continue to hear stuff like this and I don't get it. I never got the impression today Gary was wanting Auburn to win.

He continually heaps praise on Bama to the point that most of our rivals think he and Vern are pro-Bama.

I think you mistake his desire for teams that play Bama to challenge them and make it a good game. Obviously, it's in CBS's best interest for teams to play Bama tough as opposed to Bama blowing out everybody.
I sure get it. There were numerous times when Gary seemed audibly disappointed that Alabama had a good play and quite pleased when Auburn got a first down.

Plus, even those two knuckleheads commented on how many times they were going to bring up the Kick Six.

It used to be that Gary would say, "Alabama likes to run this play in these situations," and then Alabama would run the play he described. Now, they search frantically for an occasion to talk about the kick six. I wish Gary would join Verne in retirement. I'm sick of it. The game is much more enjoyable with the TV on mute. In fact, in this day and age, I don't know why CBS can't broadcast the game with Eli Gold as the voice over (or whoever the Barn equivalent is, if the viewer chooses). I realize it is copyright and legal considerations, but firing Gary and piping in Eli would be a huge improvement.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
With all due respect, Dub, White is a marginal SEC QB at best. I admire his tenacity and willingness to play through his injuries, but he is not mobile enough and his arm strength is questionable. If auburn is to get back as a serious SECW contender they need to find and develop a QB that fits Gus's system.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Just jumping into this thread now, so not sure if it has already been discussed...

Watching a replay of the game, and when Hump came up limping, sure looked like a hamstring...

I heard what Coach said in his post-game presser, about him possibly being ready for next week, but if it's indeed a hammy, they need time to heal...

Hope I'm wrong, but might need Levi Wallace / Shyheim Carter next week, esp if we want to give Hump time to heal up for the playoff...

If any insiders have light to shed on this, needless to say, it would be most welcome...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Auburn was just in a bad position with the backfield:

QB: the new guy was utterly underprepared to play QB in the SEC, the starter for most of last year is a good guy but not SEC quality, the best guy is injury prone

Tailback: Cut some guys due to bad behavior, have some injuries, bam you have no run game by November.

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Anybody got a clip of that hit Tony Brown put on the barner in the first half?

Nevermind :)

[video]https://www.clippituser.tv/c/vzmmy[/video]

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
What's the Barn's best win this year? LSU, most would say. Probably saved Gus' job and we know what happened to CLM.

Would Auburn have won that game after CEO took over? Highly unlikely.

Actually, this was a typical Auburn team. 8-4 with losses to Clemson, TAMU, Georgia and Bama.

Hope they sign Gus up for a lifetime contract!!!

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Where in the world do you guys buy beer? I've never seen or heard of these you are posting pictures of.

I celebrated with a Budweiser, the King of Beers. :cool2:

Not sure it's a good thing, but I fear I'm living proof that bus stop advertising works...

Was walking home from the office > 20 years ago, n saw a Corona ad, w the lime in the top, and condensation running down the outside of the bottle...

There was a beer store on the way [different rules for selling alcohol up here], grabbed some, and have been a convert ever since.

If I knew then what I know now, I'd have bought stock in the company...

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Looks like Jalen has 33 TDs and Blake Sims holds the record with 35 in a season. Safe to say he will get that record in the coming games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.