The playoff committee is about to get tested

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Who gets in? Do they really keep the Big 10 Champion out? Is Ohio State left out? What if Wisconsin or Penn State wins big in the Big 10 Championship with style points? Does Washington get in if they win the Pac?

My head is telling its going to look like this in the end:
1) Bama
2) Clemson
3) Washington
4) Wisconsin or Penn State

But realistically, could it look like this?:
1) Bama
2) Clemson
3) Washington
4) Ohio State

Or this?:
1) Bama
2) Clemson
3) Ohio State
4) Wisconsin or Penn State

Mannnn, this is shaping up to be a rough decision for the committee.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I don't see how Ohio State stays in if Penn State wins against Wisconsin. Penn should be in if they win. Same as Washington.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I just don't buy the OSU hype after what I saw today. They played with grit, but Michigan has got to be kicking themselves for not finishing in that game.

I'll tell you, Michigan would have been a tough out with the way Speight could catch and throw it so quickly. I think we'd beat UM but I think they'd be a tougher out than OSU at this point.

HMM

All-SEC
Sep 1, 2007
Wouldn't hurt my feelings if tOSU was left out. If Penn State wins they can play that I beat tOSU card.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
They moved folks around last year because of not being a true conference champion. So they can still move teams around after next week's games shake out. They aren't treating their rankings like the AP do where a team has to lose to get jumped it seems. Assuming The one loss teams win, I think the last spot is the toughest.

2 and 3 have to be the one loss conference champs (Clemson and Wash).

but the last spot is a tough one because OSU is probably the best of the bunch (Wisc., PSU, and OU), but two of those teams are the conference champs (I think OU beats OSU and whoever wins big 10).

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I don't see how Ohio State stays in if Penn State wins against Wisconsin. Penn should be in if they win. Same as Washington.
Head to head Penn State beat OSU. However, the talking heads at ESPN have been angling since the first week of the committee's playoff list for having two teams from the Big 10, whatever they call themselves. One of the biggest need for a playoff committee was after LSU won the SEC Championship game and Bama beat them in the NC gamel 21-0 even though LSU beat Bama at BDS 9-6. So, the playoff committee comes along and states that League Champions would have the upper hand on non-champions -- of course that was until the OSU could be stopped from playing. Now OSU has beaten the #3 team Meechigan but will not be Big 10 champions. Please Note: Even if Bama, Clemson, Washington, and Penn State win their respective championship games, one will be kept out to let OSU in. It will probably be Washington even if they beat USCw. Not fair to Washington, but there is a lot of power behind the Big 10, especially being pushed by ESPN.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Next week's CFP poll will probably be this:
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Washington

but I think after the conference championships it could look like this:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Wisconsin or Penn State

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Next week's CFP poll will probably be this:
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Washington

but I think after the conference championships it could look like this:

1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Clemson
4. Wisconsin or Penn State
This is what I am thinking, too. I think that Washington will lose.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I think This Tuesday will tell you. If OSU is still #2, they are definitely in. I am really interested in the last two. I am just hoping that we don't meet OSU in the semifinal, that would be a shame. I want to meet them in the final.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I think This Tuesday will tell you. If OSU is still #2, they are definitely in. I am really interested in the last two. I am just hoping that we don't meet OSU in the semifinal, that would be a shame. I want to meet them in the final.
Disagree. They will get jumped by Big Ten Champ and Pac 12 champ if State and WASHINGTON win out.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Disagree. They will get jumped by Big Ten Champ and Pac 12 champ if State and WASHINGTON win out.
So you are saying they are out or will end up #4? I don't think the committee want another OSU/Bama semi. They would want a final with them...money talks. $$$

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Tuesday night will answer a bunch of questions. If they still have Ohio St 2nd, they make a strong statement that BAMA and OSU are in regardless of the Championship games. If OSU is bumped to 3, they are setting up to bump OSU if Penn St beats Wisconsin. Just like they dumped TCU from 3 to 5 2 years ago.

My final 4 are BAMA, Clemson, Washington, Penn St.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Tuesday night will answer a bunch of questions. If they still have Ohio St 2nd, they make a strong statement that BAMA and OSU are in regardless of the Championship games. If OSU is bumped to 3, they are setting up to bump OSU if Penn St beats Wisconsin. Just like they dumped TCU from 3 to 5 2 years ago.
I tend to agree with this.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

My final 4 are BAMA, Clemson, Washington, Penn St.
Disagree. Think they can stay 2 and drop to 5 next week if Washington and PSU win out. They will be out there playing additional games vs top 15/10 opponents for a conference championship. Aaaaaaaaand...

Washington's 1 loss will have been against a top 14 team
PSU will have beat osu head to head

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Disagree. Think they can stay 2 and drop to 5 next week if Washington and PSU win out.
They can, but it is not clear that they will. The way that Clemson is playing right now, they might move up to #2 this week.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.